Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Ricky NoLOLasco

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Y'arrrgh matey!

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

Is Ricky Nolasco hurt, or just hurting the Twins? What should the Twins do with their off-season acquisition with Meyer and May and several other gentlemen doing quality work down in AAA?

After today's clunker, Nolasco now surrendered more earned runs(41) than strikeouts recorded (40).

What should the Twins do with Ricky?

#2 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

What should the Twins do with Ricky?

Get some real OFs to play the OF? Or get a manager who likes to play real OFs at the OF? If you watched today's game, Santana's glove cost the Twins at least 2 runs, Nunez' one and Parmelee's about one.

"Earned" runs and ERA are jokes.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#3 ScrapTheNickname

ScrapTheNickname

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

Yes, it's painful to watch, but would you rather have trotted out Kubel and Colabello yet again? There aren't many options at this time.

#4 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Y'arrrgh matey!

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

I'm not advocating for sending Ricky down to AAA, I think the Twins can and should give him a long leash because of the contract they signed him too, but he hasn't looked better than average this season, except for his 1-run outing against the Royals. Maybe he is hurt, or maybe he just hasn't gotten into work. His FIP and xFIP are better than his numbers, but he's always been a guy who has had better peripherals.

I'm not expecting him to be a front of the rotation guy, but he isn't giving the Twins value on the mound. He's given up 10 HR in his 60.1 innings of work (1.49/9ip). It's not pretty, questionable outfielders aside.

I wonder if he ends up with a phantom injury, or if the Twins just keep running him out there every 5 days.