If you draw a line up and you reach the sky. You probably are not using Paper.
Chitown will draw that lineup... Right Here.
Things to Think About:
1. The Rubber band -- Holy Cow... This Rubber Band thing is starting to become a thing. The Twins just seem to snap back to .500 and it doesn't seem to matter which direction they pressure the rubber band. It looks like it is tattered and torn yet it seems to hold firm. The Twins are 23-23 so the Rubber band is at rest. After today's game it will only feel slight pressure. How long will it hold? I don't know but I'd like to see it hang tight until July.
2. Madison Bumgarner -- Madison was named after Eau Claire Wisconsin but his parents didn't want to make it obvious so they disguised it a little. He grew up in North Carolina and led his team to a state championship... which led to a 1st round selection... 10th overall... in the 2007 draft. It didn't take long for him... He threw his first pitch in the majors in 2009 just two years out of High School. It seems like he has been in the majors forever but the truth is... He's only 16 years old. Twins hitters need to focus on two pitches. A mid to low 90's fastball and a slider that he throws a lot. He'll also mix in a change and curve just to piss you off because you were concentrating on his fastball and slider.
3. Offense -- The Twins are 2-2 in this national league road trip. Yet it really hasn't been the offense... has it. The Twins bats have cooled considerably and when you consider that Parmelee is holding down the clean up spot. It really isn't that surprising. That is not a knock on Parmelee but more of a knock on everyone else... Including TC Bear.
4. Rochester -- Willingham and Arcia return tomorrow so we can think those two specifically tomorrow. Today... It's time to think about who is making a trip to Rochester to make room for them after the game. Mainly because it will be a longer flight for them. I think we can all agree that Herrmann is one... Who is the 2nd??? It's gotta be between Parmelee, Colabello Santana and Nunez. I believe we risk losing Parmelee if we send him down. I don't know about the rest... The decision should be interesting.
5. Sunscreen -- Osmosis Skincare has developed a product... Drinkable Sunscreen. Yep... For those of you that are tired of gooping up and spreading it all over your body and then picking up a beer only to have it slide out of your greasy hands. You can now drink your sunscreen. It sounds like an interesting invention but with it... I wonder what my wife will do when the family goes outside for an extended time. It has always been her that calls us back to the car because we started moving into the sun totally exposed to the certain death before us. We stand there while she puts sun screen over all of us. We spin around when she asks... We put our arms up when she asks and we don't move forward until we ask her... Are we done? She gives the go ahead and the vacation begins.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 25 May 2014 - 01:12 PM.