Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/22): Fort Myers' Back-to-Back Jacks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...k-to-Back-Jacks

@ERolfPleiss

"A hotdog is a sandwich."

#2 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

Does anyone know how Meyer looked, looking at his line it doesn't look to bad, except for the 6 hits and 2 BB?

#3 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

I am so curious as to what is going to happen in Fort Myers when Nate Roberts - Lance Ray - Byron Buxton - Eddie Rosario - Levi Michael - come off the DL in the next week or two?

There are too many good players on the Miracle line up to just send down to Extended and there are too many good players coming off the DL to start out in Cedar Rapids like they did JD Williams. (JD needs to be at least with the Miracle by now IMO - raw deal if healthy - which he seems to be).

Some serious moving pieces coming up in the minors in the next few weeks. I see some release in the future and I'm nervous as to who might be on the fence?

#4 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Does the Draft have any affect on who goes where since most draftees seem to start at ETown or GCL?

#5 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

I hope Pino gets to the majors sometime. Not sure how it works for him but it would be nice to see him get a chance up here, maybe as a long man.

#6 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

I am so curious as to what is going to happen in Fort Myers when Nate Roberts - Lance Ray - Byron Buxton - Eddie Rosario - Levi Michael - come off the DL in the next week or two?

There are too many good players on the Miracle line up to just send down to Extended and there are too many good players coming off the DL to start out in Cedar Rapids like they did JD Williams. (JD needs to be at least with the Miracle by now IMO - raw deal if healthy - which he seems to be).

Some serious moving pieces coming up in the minors in the next few weeks. I see some release in the future and I'm nervous as to who might be on the fence?

Add to that, the Kernels have 5 guys still on the DL, as well. Randy Rosario, Zack Granite, Zack Larson, Jeremias Pineda and Logan Wade will need landing spots somewhere.

I agree, there are likely a number of releases looming.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,655 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

There are some difficult decisions to make in the big leagues, but yeah, there are also some tough decisions that will need to be made in the minors as well. Could be a stressful next 2-3 weeks for a lot of guys.