Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

No More Library?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,733 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

It was great to see this quote from Kurt Suzuki:

Also, our team chemistry is great. It’s a fun clubhouse. We could surprise this year. We’ll see.

http://msn.foxsports...rospects-052014

From what I've read, it seems like Suzuki has strongly contributed to the fun clubhouse.

Have to hope that the fun clubhouse continues even if the record slides south of .500.

#2 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

It's great to see a quote like this. There was an obvious absence of any chemistry in spring training that was felt not only by me, but most all of the regulars to camp. The many new faces and all the roster decisions probably had a lot to do with that.

I have to think that the chemistry has resulted in several wins already this season and the playing of .500 ball to this point, which is a shock to most of us. We've won like 9 one run games already this year. I don't remember much of that last season. This has been fun so far.

#3 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

refuses to choke up with two strikes

• Members
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

Good starting pitching has a way of turning the other team's clubhouse into a library :)

#4 Longdistancetwins

Longdistancetwins

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Good news...although I work in a library.

#5 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,388 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

The Twins have made statements about improving the clubhouse during the off season and based on those statements I do believe it was a priority.

I think it's possible that the whole Bartlett thing was a failed attempt at improving the clubhouse. It's the only think I can think of.

If that is the case... I kinda forgive them because I do believe in attitude curing a lot of metric challenges.

If they need a kick in the pants and the guy doing the kicking is hitting .200... So be it.

#6 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

not moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

Winning also changes things. They are winning some and it feels good. Let's hope they can keep that going. It goes hand in hand.

And I work in a library, too ... we still have fun even if it is more subtle and not so loud.

#7 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

I drove by the library this morning and saw some people walking in if that counts. http://t0.gstatic.co...NUQg0fAeWV4ksuAMy guess is she is going over to have a talk with Brian!

May all our prospects be All Stars and the beer be free.