Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Unsung Southpaws

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...nsung-Southpaws

#2 Mauerpower

Mauerpower

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Thank you for the well written article Seth! Both are great stories. I wish the best of luck to Hurlbut and Tomshaw (awesome names btw!).

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

Very good people too who do put in a lot of work. Their velocity keeps increasing a little each year, and that's encouraging!

#4 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Fun article. Puts them at the forefront of my thoughts when I examine who's who coming up. Being able to "pitch" should never be underestimated as a talent, but often is. I wonder, if they resist the temptation to "throw hard" will they be able to maintain or gain velocity to keep them consistently in the high 80's and low 90 range.

Personally, I have very high hopes for Darnell as well, obviously much higher up the ladder. I'm very encouraged by his start to the year in Rochester, and while his Twins appearance was short, and he was reportedly pumped to throw a little harder than normal, it was nonetheless a nice cup of coffee.

#5 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

This is one of the real fun parts about pretty much any sport. I mean, I love the superstar-from-day-one Buxton types as much as anyone, especially if they're on my team. But there's something gratifying to those of us who aren't genetic freaks in seeing people succeed by working hard and doing things the right way. Best of luck to both of them going forward.

#6 Too Much Twins

Too Much Twins

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

Dope write-up Seth. Your constant positivity and insistence on recognizing the underappreciated is inspiring. Hurlbut is a personal favorite of mine: a consistent, above-average performer in any role asked of him (which has been pretty much every role there is).

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:26 AM

Dope write-up Seth. Your constant positivity and insistence on recognizing the underappreciated is inspiring. Hurlbut is a personal favorite of mine: a consistent, above-average performer in any role asked of him (which has been pretty much every role there is).

I really appreciate that. Thank you! I definitely enjoy these types of stories as well.