Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (5/11): Mothers Day in the Minors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...y-in-the-Minors

#2 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

When I saw the scores I thought I had read this one already, but I double-checked the date and realized I hadn't. It was just that Rochester and New Britain had the same game scores yesterday as they did the day prior.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

I struggled with that too... I was thinking I had read this before. But yeah, it was Rochester. Ha!

#4 jimv2

jimv2

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

When I saw the scores I thought I had read this one already, but I double-checked the date and realized I hadn't. It was just that Rochester and New Britain had the same game scores yesterday as they did the day prior.

THe actual Rock Cats score was 11-1, and the actual Red Wings score was 7-0. The scores shown above were presumably left over from the prior day, although the narrative is, of course, current.

Edited by jimv2, 11 May 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

THe actual Rock Cats score was 11-1, and the actual Red Wings score was 7-0. The scores shown above were presumably left over from the prior day, although the narrative is, of course, current.

Good catch! Thank you! It's been corrected.

#6 LewFordLives

LewFordLives

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:23 AM

I was in Bowie to see the Rock Cats yesterday. First of all, the weather was spectacular. Impressions....the stadium radar gun was broken, but Summers doesn't appear to throw super hard, maybe low 90's. Whatever he was doing was extremely effective. Not a lot of good contact by the Bowie hitters. Vargas impressed me. He's a big guy but he doesn't try to do too much. Nice line drives right up the middle. Oliveros looks like he has his velocity back.