Nuñez LF (oh, man ... this again?)
Things to Think about:
1. Lineup-ology -- Here's who Gardy should be starting today and why...
A. Who's Hot or at least Luke Warm: Pinto, Suzuki, Escobar, Santana, Parmelee
B. Because they are who they are: Dozier, Mauer
C. Because a lefthander is starting for the Tigers: Hicks, Plouffe
On the Bench: Kubel, Colabello and Nunez
Now you gotta find positions... Here ya Go
DH: Suzuki (In Gardy Speak... He's swinging it pretty good... Gotta keep his bat in the lineup)
C: Pinto (Give Suzuki a break behind the plate and GET PINTO IN)
SS: Santana (Let him Roll)
LF: Escobar(Let him Roll... He needs OF Time if he is going to be considered an OF Option... Just because Nunez is here doesn't mean that Escobar shouldn't play OF... If you are going to create a Bonofacio... Create one!!!)
CF: Hicks(If he doesn't play against a LH... When can he play?)
RF: Parmelee (He might be our best defensive OF and I'm including Hicks for that crazy statement)
There ya go... Those 9 players should be in the lineup... Batting order... I'll let Gardy do that... But... At some point in time... You have to consider moving Dozier from the 1 to the 3 in the order. Now someone run this over to Gardy.
2. Monday -- With a day off on Monday... I can see Gardy putting the players in who didn't play yesterday in the lineup so they don't sit 3 days in a row. Kubel... Pinto and Plouffe. I'm ok sitting Kubel 3 days in a row... He's lefthanded and OLD!!!
3. Colabello/Kubel -- These guys have cooled considerably... I think they will heat up again... but... we got some bodies up now... they should probably get some rest.
4. The Rubber Band -- With the loss yesterday... It has a slight tear in it. I worry about it's durability... If they lose today... I will really worry about it.
5. Mom -- It's Mother's Day... Mom was 74 years old when we lost her 6 years ago. To be honest... life has gone on... just like it's supposed to... but... I think about her often. She was the greatest person on earth and I am not misinformed when I say that.
Here is the thing about Mom's... If I can leave one thought with everyone:
You can spend your whole life and never find anyone who is on YOUR side like your Mom is... Not your Husband... Not your Wife... Not your Kids... Not your Best Friends. No one... and I mean no one... Is on your side like your Mom. Yes... you have a lot of people on your side but not like Mom... You lose your Mom... You lose your biggest advocate and you don't know how important that is until it's gone.
Anyway... That's what I think Mother's day is all about.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 11 May 2014 - 08:54 AM.