- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Today, 06:32 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Yesterday, 05:17 PM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Yesterday, 05:05 PM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Yesterday, 11:44 AM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Yesterday, 11:16 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Yesterday, 08:46 AM
- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Nov 22 2014 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Nov 22 2014 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Nov 21 2014 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Nov 21 2014 03:08 PM
Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:52 AM
Twins SP: Kyle Gibson
Tigers SP: Max Scherzer
Things to Think About:
1. Max Scherzer -- When looking at this game... It's impossible to have a different primary thought than Max Scherzer. So far this year he's 4-1 with a 1.72 ERA. Last year he was 21-3 with a 2.90 ERA. I don't know who the best pitcher in baseball is... The conversation has to include Kershaw with the Dodgers and Fernandez with the Marlins... and I'm also pretty sure that right now... at this moment... Max Scherzer has to be included in the conversation. 25 and 4 since opening day 2013 is pretty impressive. His fastball can get up to the upper 90's but his slider is a real out pitch and it causes problems for hitters. We can talk about his nasty pitches but Max actually has one blue eye and one brown eye... I think that freaks the hitters out and they can't concentrate.
2. The Missouri Tigers -- When I think about the great college baseball programs... The Missouri Tigers don't immediately come to mind... However... The University of Missouri is represented quite well in today's game. Both Starting pitchers... Max Scherzer and Kyle Gibson are Missouri alum. So is Tiger 2B... Ian Kinsler. If the Twins would suit up Tim Laudner... that would be another. That probably ain't gonna happen.
3. Joe Mauer -- He's back and in the lineup... He's the DH but his bat is back in the lineup. That can only help... Right? It obviously means a DL Stint is not necessary... Since by playing today it will kill any chance to put him on the DL retroactively. I guess... If he ends up on the DL after playing today. TD members may have something to say about it.
4. Twins Lineup -- Interesting Lineup today... No Plouffe... He's sitting to give Escobar some playing time. Nunez out in LF as the OF wheel turns. Parmelee in RF once again... Santana at SS and no Pinto once again. I don't know if it's a good lineup but it is interesting. I'm disappointed that Tim Laudner isn't in it.
5. Rollercoasters -- A young boy in California asked his dad for a rollercoaster... You know how kids are... They also want stuff... Puppies... Rollercoasters... Food... Clothing and Shelter. They can't have everything... That's the way life is. Well... This young boy asked his dad for a rollercoaster and the Dad built him one in the backyard... It cost him 3,500 dollars and it took him 6 weeks to build. My Son asked me for a more expensive cell phone plan... I built him two cans with a string attached.
Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:58 AM
I don't expect a pitchers duel today but strange things have happened this season. And finally, the weather here is the best day of the year and the golf course calls so I may miss this one.
Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:59 AM
With the day game after a night game, I thought we might see Pinto today, but Suzuki (at this point) is the better alternative. Pinto looks like he is out of his offensive funk, but with improved options at DH, he isn't going to get many ABs there. Should he be sent down? If he doesn't hit in his next few starts, I would agree.
Pinto needs to be sent down to AAA.
Without a 3rd catcher, Gardy is not going to play him enough, as long as Suzuki continues to play well.
He's too young and raw to ride the bench 5 or 6 days a week.
Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:27 AM
How many steps has Hunter lost? I know his defensive ratings in right field have plummeted, but not taking second when Kinsler swipes third?
Kinsler was practically standing on third before the pitch. Gibson was paying attention to Hunter instead. It worked out with the DP.
Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:35 AM
What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you.
Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:44 AM
I'm not watching the game. Was Parm actually trying to steal, or was it a hit and run?
It was a hit and run, but it was a pitch out, or, at least the pitch was too far outside for Nunez to hit it.
Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:50 AM