Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Mother's Day Special: A Mother's Perspective, Diane Plouffe

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...e-Diane-Plouffe

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

Wow! Thanks for the article.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,160 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

Fantastic. Thanks, Seth and Diane!

#4 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Wonderfully, written. Thank you and Happy Mothers Day!

#5 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

One big smile from start to finish.
Take your time, and do it right. - N. Fury

#6 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,589 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

An essay worthy of Brian Dozier's mane, not just Trevor's. :)

#7 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 4,038 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Trevor is very lucky to have a Mom like Diane. And Diane is very lucky to have a son like Trevor.

But then again, it's probably not luck but love.

#8 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Thank you, Diane.

#9 Jerr

Jerr

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Thanks so much, Diane!!

And not one itsy bitsy argument in this thread, as you can't argue with a Mother:D.

Happy Mother's Day to Diane and all the Mothers everywhere!!!

#10 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,500 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Thank you so much for writing this Diane. Happy Mother's Day and wishing you the best

#11 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Trevor is very lucky to have a Mom like Diane. And Diane is very lucky to have a son like Trevor.

But then again, it's probably not luck but love.

Very well said!

#12 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

Cool post! Thanks Diane and thanks Twins Daily!

Just out of curiosity, how does TD score these special features? "Behind the Scenes at Twins Daily" would be a pretty interesting feature, IMHO.

#13 Sconnie

Sconnie

King of his Castle

• Members
  • 1,418 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Diane and Seth. Very well written.

#14 Jdosen

Jdosen

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Wow, this was really cool! I've been a Plouffe critic, but I've always liked the image he portrayed off the field and I remember meeting him at TwinsFest when he was in the low minors, always a class act.

#15 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

I've told this story on podcasts before, and probably only written it on SethSpeaks.net once, but this is a good place for it.

Probably 4 years ago, I went to Twins Fest, and my then-three-year-old daughter was with me. She and I went through the minor league line. I had talked to Trevor many of those years that he was in the minor leagues, so he knew who I was. So, when my daughter went through and asked for an autograph, he was very nice to her, and told her that she needed to write her name for him and then he would write his name for her on a baseball.

He handed her a sharpee, and she drew a few lines on the table cover as if it was her name. It was a little more than this, but it was really cool.

Well, until she went to every other player and wanted to write her name for them too. Ha!

I've had the chance to meet a lot of Twins minor leaguers through the years, several who have made it to the Twins. Most are great, probably 99% Plouffe is probably the most charismatic.

It's great to read something like this because it helps us better understand where that comes from. Great family!

#16 AM.

AM.

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

This is just me, but I'd like to see Trevor's mom see her son win a World Series ring.

As a father of kids in little league now, I particularly like the reminisces back to Plouffe's childhood games. It's hard to imagine the long road ahead for the few who would eventually make it to the Show. And even for someone as talented as Plouffe, it has been a long and winding and certainly not inevitable road.

Thanks for writing this piece, Trevor's mom, and happy Mother's Day! (And glad you are a breast cancer survivor!)

#17 rickyriolo

rickyriolo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

Happy Mothers Day Diane and thanks for sharing

#18 Jerr

Jerr

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

I've told this story on podcasts before, and probably only written it on SethSpeaks.net once, but this is a good place for it.

Probably 4 years ago, I went to Twins Fest, and my then-three-year-old daughter was with me. She and I went through the minor league line. I had talked to Trevor many of those years that he was in the minor leagues, so he knew who I was. So, when my daughter went through and asked for an autograph, he was very nice to her, and told her that she needed to write her name for him and then he would write his name for her on a baseball.

He handed her a sharpee, and she drew a few lines on the table cover as if it was her name. It was a little more than this, but it was really cool.

Well, until she went to every other player and wanted to write her name for them too. Ha!

I've had the chance to meet a lot of Twins minor leaguers through the years, several who have made it to the Twins. Most are great, probably 99% Plouffe is probably the most charismatic.

It's great to read something like this because it helps us better understand where that comes from. Great family!

All I got is a big ahhh and a big thanks;)

#19 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

I enjoy that story, and it was more than what I wrote but time and my age make me forget things.