/ ashburyjohn: I'm not ChiTown but here ya go:
Brian Dozier 2B
Eduardo Escobar CF (Originally listed as LF)
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Chris Colabello 1B
Jason Kubel LF (Originally listed as RF)
Kurt Suzuki DH
Josmil Pinto C
Chris Herrmann RF (Originally Sam Fuld listed as CF)
Daniel Santana SS
(Kevin Correia P)
Michael Bourn CF
Nick Swisher 1B
Michael Brantley LF
Carlos Santana C
David Murphy RF
Asdrubal Cabrera SS
Ryan Raburn DH
Lonnie Chisenhall 3B
Mike Aviles 2B
(Justin Masterson P)
Things to Think About:
1. Defense -- Let there be no doubt about it... Defense was the difference in last night's baseball game. Let there also be no doubt that I care more about defense then anybody in a 5 state area. I'm a huge Colabello fan and I do not doubt his effort but that bases loaded TWO OUT double in the 3rd inning by Brantley should have been caught and of course Escobar in LF in the 9th and we just lost a ball game. BTW... Take a look at the box score... I looked in the "E' Column... The Twins didn't make an errors. The official scorer may have to make that declaration depending on the guidelines for such things. Reality is another thing entirely. This is the major leagues... you need players who make those catches. 3 Runs were charged to the pitching staff when they could have been prevented. We made a roster move to address these defensive issues when we called up Matt Guerrier.
2. Escobar in LF -- For a moment... I tried to convince myself that Escobar was doing OK in the OF... He looked to be tracking the ball just fine. Then came the 9th inning. What happened in the 9th inning... I've seen it before. It wasn't a slicing ball that confused him... He tracked it real well. He thought he was close to the wall and he wasn't. He was preparing to make an incredible catch and he didn't have to and the result was a leadoff double. It's called the warning track for a reason. You feel the dirt on your feet and that warns you that the wall is near... Experienced OF'ers know this. Oh Well... Escobar can run and he can track... If the Twins are not going to bring in an experienced OF... I'd like to see Escobar out there again to gain the experience needed to play the position. Playing for the 1st time on May 7th would be my main problem when Thursday morning quarterbacking. Especially in the context of how this team was built.
3. 11:05 Start -- That's Early... but understandable because they have a long flight to Detroit following the game. The plane leaves Cleveland Hopkins International at 3:30PM and arrives at Detroit Metropolitan at 3:36PM. On the West Coast the game starts at 9:05AM... Glunn, Ash, and Chief will be watching in their pajamas.
4. Game 4 -- It's a 4 game series... So let's go for the tie. I am filled with inspiration... None of you ever knew George Gipp... It was a long before your time... The last thing he said to me... RB... Sometime when the boys are up against it... and the breaks are beating the boys... Tell them to go out there and put whoever you want in the OF.
5. Rob Ford -- Nobody knows where Rob Ford is... He claims to be in a rehab facility but nobody knows for sure... He could be rehabbing in a crack house for all we know. He has made contact with a Toronto reporter and he said that "Rehab is amazing... It reminds me of Football Camp". Based on that... He must be in Jacksonville with Justin Blackmon... I don't know and I hardly care but... If he thinks rehab is amazing... He's probably doing it wrong.
Edited by ashburyjohn, 08 May 2014 - 10:21 AM.