- In (Baffling) Defense of Norv Turner: A Response to Football Outsiders' Near-Slight
- In Search Of: Interceptions
- Time To Cut Jerome Simpson
- Chris Kluwe, Minnesota Vikings Reach Settlement and Release Terms. Questions Remain
- Who’s Trending, Worth Defending or Might Be Ending—Week 1
- Vikings Second Year Player Progression
Pujols vs. Carroll
3 replies to this topic
Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:29 PM
Just an interesting comparison of two free agent signings playing against one another tonight, Jamey Carroll and Albert Pujols. Carroll G - 22 AB - 84 R - 13 H - 18 2B - 3 3B - 0 HR - 0 RBI - 6 BB - 12 SO - 11 SB - 1 CS - 1 AVG - .214 OBP - .320 SLG - .250 OPS - .570 Pujols G - 23 AB - 92 R - 8 H - 20 2B - 8 3B - 0 HR - 0 RBI - 4 BB - 6 SO - 14 SB - 0 CS - 0 AVG - .217 OBP - .265 SLG - .304 OPS - .570 To be clear, I'm not suggesting that Jamey Carroll is anywhere near the baseball player, or hitter in particular, that Albert Pujols is. This is rather just a comparison that I found to be almost comical, showing that with a small sample size, one cannot jump to many conclusions.
Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:54 AM
Interesting comparison OP. The thing that people don't realize is that Pujols is not in any kind of funk. He is declining, and declining at an alarming rate. (Will be providing some stats soon) He is and will continue to be the Dunn of 2012. GG Angles fans, too bad you can't play the Twins every night, cause thats the only team you will beat.
Edited by Yoshii, 02 May 2012 - 08:58 AM.