Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

The Minnesota Twins, your 29th ranked MLB rotation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

Based on ERA. After stringing together several solid starts, the Twins' rotation has now passed the Diamonbacks with a 5.32 ERA, good for 29th in baseball.

Progress!

For the record, last year's rotation posted a 5.26 ERA. It's strange that somehow this rotation has managed to be worse than last year's, though that's incredibly unlikely to continue.

#2 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

Hopefully this past week has been an indication of what we are going to be getting out of the starters going forward.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hopefully this past week has been an indication of what we are going to be getting out of the starters going forward.

I don't know if they'll continue to be this good but they should be serviceable.

For the first time since 2010, when any Twins starter takes the mound the team has a legitimate chance to win the game.

It's been far too long since we could say that as fans.

#4 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

I don't know if they'll continue to be this good but they should be serviceable.

For the first time since 2010, when any Twins starter takes the mound the team has a legitimate chance to win the game.

It's been far too long since we could say that as fans.

I agree completely!

#5 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,838 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

• LaVelle E. Neal III ‏@LaVelleNeal 14h
    Twins starters have a 1.84 ERA over last four games.

If May could continue somewhat in this vein (okay, add even a run or 2 to that combined ERA), it would be a significant improvement.

They can't change April. They can improve for May and later.

#6 iTwins

iTwins

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationNorth of Missouri, South of Minnesota
  • Twitter: Trimbletj

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Moving on up!

April was obviously an oddity. On the same token, we realistically can't expect an ERA 1.84 through May either. The starting staff's true identity lies somewhere inbetween - and given what we've seen over the past three years, an ERA in the middle of the pack would be a VERY welcome sight!

#7 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Alcohol Infused

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

29th is better than 31st. If the rotation and some how get their combined ERA below 5 I'd personally buy every Twins fan at Zayda Buddy's in Seattle an ice cold Grain Belt Premium in celebration