Tag, Brian ... you're it!
OK... But here's what I'm going to do... I bringing some books and snacks... and I'm going to hide. Wait patiently... You won't know where I am... You'll forget all about me. And SURPRISE!!! Tag you're it. I win a lot of games that way... I simply keep playing for a year or two after others stop playing. I was losing a basketball game once 21 to 14... After my opponent left the court thinking he won... I put in about 10 shots in a row and left declaring myself the winner... 24 to 21.
Things to think about:
1. Cleveland -- The Twins travel to the mistake by the lake. Cleveland has been called the mistake by the lake. It got a bad rap for numerous reasons but the fact that Cuyahoga River would catch fire didn't help. I actually like Cleveland... I went to Cleveland for my honeymoon and the people of Cleveland were wonderful and we had a great time. For clarification... I tell people that we honeymooned in Cleveland because I like saying that as opposed to... we stayed in Cleveland on our way to Niagara Falls. I like to be a little different.
2. Kyle Gibson -- He started out real nice and has been stumbling a little since. That's the way the ball bounces... I still have a good feeling about Kyle and I hope the ball bounces his way tonight.
3. The Rubber Band -- The Rubber Band theory is still in play... If the Twins win tonight... It will be back at .500 ball. Keep that rubber band bound until July and that we will see what happens when it snaps.
4. The Indians -- Lonnie Chisenhall is the only guy on the team who is tearing it up and he can't seem to stay in the lineup. The rest of the Indians are below expectation with the exception of maybe Brantley. The Starting pitching hasn't been lights out... Cory Kluber has been the top dog in the rotation. The Twins have a 2 game lead currently on the last place Indians.
5. IPO's -- I dabble in the Stock Market... I've done OK buying what I think is low and selling when I think it's high. No emotional attachment... no greed... make 10 to 20% or lose 10% and move on to the next. I plan to continue that style because it's been pretty good so far. I'm not a day trader... I'm a trend trader.
I had never purchased an IPO before but I finally did last week. I've been itching to take a part of my portfolio and invest in something ground floor and hold it instead of trading it. Own a piece of something forever and see how it's doing 30 years from now. Whatever happens will happen... It's a company that I believe in so I jumped in.
My wife is nervous about it... She felt safer when I was watching for potential loss to minimize the risk... She thinks the stock market is risky... like betting on a horse at the track.
I told her that the stock market and the horses are completely different because one of the horses must win.
It didn't ease her mind... I should have taken a different approach.
Edited by Riverbrian, 05 May 2014 - 02:36 PM.