Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Gleeman and the Geek, Episode 144: Mauer's Back and Stella's

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:46 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ck-and-Stella-s

#2 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Alcohol Infused

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

News Release: A great cry of joy was heard coming from the apartment of a local Seattle man, who, after listening to the most recent episode of Gleeman and the Geek, a Minnesoa Twins themed, alcohol fueld podcast, begain shouting for joy because there was not a single mention of John's reoccuring gout flare-ups. The Seattle man had only this to say "Any day that John is gout free, is a good day to be a Twins fan, hashtag it's happening."

#3 orangevening

orangevening

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

Keith Olbermann mentioned Gleeman and the Geek tonight

Edited by orangevening, 08 May 2014 - 07:15 AM.
"The Geek"

#4 oldguy10

oldguy10

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

orangevening - are you really serious about what you say about Olbermann's mention here? Please advise. Or is this some silly remark that is going over all of our heads?

#5 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

He mocked GATG for wanting to talk about the Twins. Good stuff.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

That's awesome!

#7 orangevening

orangevening

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Seriously, it was about Apple deleting podcasts from thier istore. Something about MLB too. Olbermann thought it was funny that someone wanted to podcast about the Twins and even funnier that someone wanted to litsen to a podcast about the Twins (oooch - alittle)

#8 Sconnie

Sconnie

King of his Castle

• Members
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Man! Lindsey Gentzel is a pro!

#9 Sconnie

Sconnie

King of his Castle

• Members
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

It is awesome, and if Aaron Gleeman and John Bonnes want to talk about the Twins, and 14,000 people want to listen, why stop them?

#10 benji21

benji21

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Hey guys - This is my first post on TwinsDaily after following each of your separate blogs for years and TD since its inception. I've been an avid G&G listener and have never missed an episode....until now. I am disappointed with the quality of this podcast. It seems as Aaron's social exploits have increased, the quality has decreased. Where once you talked Twins, now it's how much Gleeman drank in Uptown, what inane thing he said to the bartender at Stella's, or something similar. I'm sure most listeners are happy that you have improved yourself Aaron, and have overcome social anxiety, but the show has suffered. I for one (of the 14,000) will not listen anymore. I may check back in a few weeks to see if it is more of the same. And maybe that is what the show is now and I should adjust my expectations appropriately. I hope that's not the case though. Thanks and love the site.

#11 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Alcohol Infused

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hey guys - This is my first post on TwinsDaily after following each of your separate blogs for years and TD since its inception. I've been an avid G&G listener and have never missed an episode....until now. I am disappointed with the quality of this podcast. It seems as Aaron's social exploits have increased, the quality has decreased. Where once you talked Twins, now it's how much Gleeman drank in Uptown, what inane thing he said to the bartender at Stella's, or something similar. I'm sure most listeners are happy that you have improved yourself Aaron, and have overcome social anxiety, but the show has suffered. I for one (of the 14,000) will not listen anymore. I may check back in a few weeks to see if it is more of the same. And maybe that is what the show is now and I should adjust my expectations appropriately. I hope that's not the case though. Thanks and love the site.

Well said.

#12 LaBombo

LaBombo

• Members
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

I've been an avid G&G listener and have never missed an episode....until now.

This sentiment is likely on the rise with a good share of the audience, and probably more so in the overlap area of the Venn diagram of TD posters and GG listeners.

My guess is that many of the frequent TD posters are Bonnes' age or older, and while still able to appreciate a non-baseball anecdote or tolerate a plug here and there, are not terribly interested in verbal beer-commercial montage recountings of evening social pursuits. AG is witty and self-effacing, but after a while, bar...'and then she said'... yawn.

If I understand the format correctly, the podcast is about evenly split between the KFAN segment and the primarily non-baseball podcast-only stuff. Would be interesting to see the listenership split if G&tG podcasts were offered in both KFAN-only theatrical release and the extended director's cut with AG social life commentary that they're currently going with.

Edited by LaBombo, 12 May 2014 - 08:55 PM.