Things to think about:
1. Home stand -- The Twins wrap up the cold home stand this afternoon. It was supposed to be a 9 game home stand. Losing a game against Detroit and It will be 8 and the Twins are currently 2-5. I certainly don't have to tell anyone here that 2-6 for a home stand isn't very good. 3-5 is OK... The season is on the line this afternoon.
2. Phil Hughes -- Still wondering what he have here but I'm starting to get encouraged. He's had the occasional bad inning but his hang a zero in an inning percentage is really good. Phil wasn't my first choice this off season... Maybe he should have been.
3. Manny Machado -- When we played the Blue Jays... I went on and on about Brett Lawrie from a defensive standpoint. If I did that and I did. It's only fair that I do the same for Manny Machado. Manny is part of the elite three. Lawrie... Arenado and Machado. His arm strength is ridiculous... The throws he can make across his body so effortlessly defy logic. Machado was a SS converted to 3B to fill a hole. Many assume he will be a SS again some day. Watching him play 3rd... I assume the Orioles are not in a hurry.
4. Brian Dozier -- And if we are going to talk about elite defense... I'm ready to place Dozier at the top of the 2B rankings. I think he belongs in a group with Brandon Phillips... Omar Infante and Jose Altuve. And I'm thinking right now... If I had to pick number one... It's Dozier. Dozier was a converted SS and some assume he will be a SS again... Watching him play 2nd... I assume the Twins are not in a hurry.
5. Illinois -- Recent Gallup Poll survey results were released. The question was simple. If you had the choice to move to another state... Would you leave your current home state. Illinois came in at #1 with a whopping 50% of residents saying they would leave if they could. Connecticut was #2 at 49%... And Maryland was #3 in the get me outta here category with 47%... Followed by:
Rhode Island 42%
On the other side... Hawaii, Montana and Maine have the least amount of residents who would leave if they could... All tied with 23%
Minnesota faired pretty well... 25% would leave... 75% ain't going anywhere!!! South Dakota was right behind Minnesota at 26%.
Why did I type this? What's my point?
No point really... I just feel sorry for ChiTown and Ashbury.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 04 May 2014 - 10:03 AM.