Things to Think About:
1. Offense -- We got shut out yesterday and we struggled to score against the Dodgers in both games of the doubleheader. You don't know what you got until it's gone. I miss the offense... I'd like to see it come back. I'd like to ask the Twins to quit reading those press clippings. Don't go thinking you are all that... Just go back to putting the bat on the ball. Whatever happens will happen.
2. Kevin Correia -- Man does this guy have concentric circles on his back for the Twins Daily crowd. We spent all last year reading how bad he was supposed to be and going to be. Even when he wasn't that bad last year... we kept reading how bad he was supposed to be and it just flooded over anything he did that was average or decent. His start this year hasn't been great and it finally matches the sentiment that has existed since he signed the contract. Just hang on everyone... Kevin Correia will be average once again before this year is out.
3. The rubber band around .500 -- With a 4 game losing streak... That rubber band has stretched to 3 games below on the negative side. If the Twins real off 3 wins in a row... We can start believing in the rubber band. If they don't... It was a concept that only applied to April. It's May now and the Twins may be on their own. Untethered!!!
4. Power -- Power is a great thing... Finding the Seats is exciting and finding the seats can lead to wins and to big contracts in the future. Everybody wants to hit a home run... However... Power is very dangerous... If you think you got it and if it becomes a part of your mindset and approach at the plate. It can lead to slumps of Dom DeLuise size proportion. You start trying to park outside pitches and you ground out to SS. K Rates go up and everything comes down. You should never swing for a home run... They just come.
I have a sneaking suspicion after watching the Twins the past couple of days... I think the Home Run has become to large a part in approaches at the plate and the Home Run has been missing along with it. If I'm right... Dear Twins... Stop Doing that. If I'm wrong... as Emily Latella says... Nevermind.
5. Weddings -- I won't be able to watch today's game. I'm posting this and immediately getting into my car and driving to Bismarck for a wedding. I had to search behind a whole bunch of stuff that I never wear just to find a tie. I don't like ties... I fully understood Ricky Vaughn in the movie Major League when he said "I feel like a Banker in this". I've been practicing staying awake for the ceremony for the past week. I've been watching paint dry... Watching Chick Flicks on Netflix... I went out to a farm and counted sheep and stayed awake through it all... I think I'm ready.
BTW... I never saw a single sheep jump over a fence. They don't seem all that motivated to do so.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 03 May 2014 - 10:51 AM.