Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: That's the Ticket: The Birds Return

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...he-Birds-Return

#2 Lazarus

Lazarus

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Nishi looks like he is asking for Divine Intervention to make him a passable player. Sadly, the response he received was "No".

#3 Kirby_Waved_At_Me

Kirby_Waved_At_Me

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

All those walks by Jimenez should be good news for Twins hitters. Assuming the trend of patient at bats continues, I'm hopeful the Twins can take advantage early and put some runs on the board.

#4 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,510 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

All those walks by Jimenez should be good news for Twins hitters. Assuming the trend of patient at bats continues, I'm hopeful the Twins can take advantage early and put some runs on the board.

Yep. If Jimenez is off at all, it's not hard to see this team chasing him in the fourth inning with 5-6 walks.

Let's hope he's off tonight.

#5 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Jimenez and Nolasco stats are pretty similar, so this could be a big scoring game, or a very long one.

#6 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

What happened on that play? Just curious. It looks horrible but could actually have been a throw from a lower angle and headed for his glove. Could be a pop fly that is headed for his crotch. How about a little context? Funny picture either way. I never criticized getting Nishi especially when it happened. No reason his Japan numbers couldn't have translated better. Getting him wasn't the problem I had but getting rid of Hardy was. Unproven Casilla, Nishi and Valencia made for a very unstable possibility for the infield which proved to be the case.

#7 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

The look of pain on Nishi's face....priceless. I'm just glad he isn't getting his leg broken.