Game-time forecast for game 1: Mostly cloudy with a 70-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature near 45.
Game 2's weather and lineups will be posted in-thread, at the completion of game 1 and when they are announced. I will post a link on this post when it's up so you can jump right to it ... unless you followed the game-thread throughout and then you can jump to 'View first unread post,' or whatever that click is called.
Brian will be by later on to give you some thoughts, when he's thought of them.
70 percent chance of rain... Well that's my primary thought right now.
Things to think about:
1. Mother Nature -- She's really sticking it to the Twins right now. The team is playing .500 ball. The offense has been fantastic with surprising performances from Plouffe, Colabello, Kubel, Pinto and Suzuki. AND... AND... The Dodgers are in town. People would like to watch Puig and the Dodgers play ball... The turnstiles should be turning for this series. The weather has and will curb attendance. I won't shake my fist at Mother Nature... because she has the ability to level my house.
2. Pedro Florimon -- Jokin was wondering if I fell of the Florimon bandwagon. I didn't fall off of it... I got off of it with ease because the bandwagon was moving real slow. It was my own free will and I'm walking along the side of it now and reserve the right to climb back on. To me it's really simple... Florimon has to start making solid contact with the ball for me to get back on the bandwagon. Florimon doesn't have to be OPS'ing a certain number for me to be a supporter. But... Florimon has to at least make solid contact with the baseball... He isn't making solid contact right now. It's been a bunch of strikeouts combined with weak grounders and looping fly balls and pop ups. He's more messed up than usual and he needs to step back... relax... and just go with the pitch. I don't think he's gonna fix in live action... He's gotta to get in the cage and work through this.
3. Eduardo Escobar -- He had a great game last night at the plate. Every game... there is a possibility of a player... any player... stepping up and leading a team and it's really hard to predict who it's going to be. Who knows... it could be Chris Herrmann one of these days. Sometimes you just gotta stick a bat in their hands and see what happens.
4. Yusial Puig -- It's no secret... Puig has been a bit of a headache to Don Mattingly. It started with his extremely risky behavior on the basepaths and has cascaded into showing up late for things. It's also no secret that Puig is uniquely talented. His arm in RF is breathtaking... He has speed, power and skill coming out of his ears. As many problems as Puig has caused... I also believe that Puig was the guy who jump started a Dodgers team last year that looked like they didn't want to play the game. Puig showed up and started playing the game hard and the rest of the team started following. Yeah... Puig is a tightrope to walk for Mattingly. He'll want to reign him in just a little but at the same time give him credit for what he means to the Dodgers. I'm not sure Puig is the type of player that Gardy likes to work with. Puig reminds me of Gomez... and Gomez was let go because he was too much Gomez by the accounts that I've read. Losing Gomez still bugs me. That one hurts more than any trade the Twins have been on the losing end of.
5. Wild/Avalanche -- Why not think about the Wild this morning? They watched the Avalanche come from behind and beat them twice during the series which forced the Wild to come from behind to win the series in overtime. It was a great series that provided everything a hockey fan requires.
Growing up in Northern Minnesota and living in Eastern North Dakota... I've never had to worry about an Avalanche before... Unless a plane carrying snow dropped a load over my house. We don't even have a big hill for snow to slide down. I'm glad I still don't have to worry about an Avalanche. Let those in the Mountains worry about such things. The Wild are off to take on the Blackhawks.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 01 May 2014 - 02:53 PM.