Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Alexi Casilla

alexi casilla
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rogrulz30

rogrulz30

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

This is the first year, and yes I know it is early that I have been impressed with Casilla. He is batting .268, which isn't great, but it isn't bad in the 9 spot and having a lot of speed. He has been better in the field, he is taking more pitches. I think if we look at bright spots this year, we don't talk about Casilla very often, I can say he has been someone I have liked watching this year. If he can take even more pitches, draw a few more walks, and steal some more bases we have a decent 2B.

#2 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,286 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

I'm a Casilla fan as well. He is intriguing because he has ranged from not ready for Little League to outstanding. He has always seemed to have focus issues, but as he has gone on, he seems to be better at keeping his head in the game. On a team that lacks both speed and power, he provides speed. He does have a knack for stealing bases. 5-5 this season.

#3 nokomismod

nokomismod

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

When Alexi has his head on straight, he is fun to watch. Good range and good at bats.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

He's actually been pretty solid since early May of last year... I mean, when he was healthy. He's a solid bottom-of-the-order, middle infielder when healthy.

#5 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,286 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

And unless there are extra innings, Casilla will finish April with a .300 batting average.

#6 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,364 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

He had a great game tonight -- 3 for 4 at the plate, and two stolen bases.

#7 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,898 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

I like his D and he's hitting .300 at the bottom of the order. If anyone has a problem with Casilla. Shut up;):P:) He's not Utley in his prime. Don't hold it against him.

#8 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Casilla is one of the least of the Twins problems right now. There are an awful lot of other things to focus on.

#9 jeffk

jeffk

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

He's always had hot flashes, but maybe it's a good sign this one is happening early in the year, which is unusual for him. Or maybe that's reaching. I'll be curious to see how the season goes for him.

#10 Gernzy

Gernzy

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

The middle infield is solid right now. While Carroll's average could be alittle higher, he's drawing plenty of walks. His defense has been outstanding lately. These two both need to keep this up. We are turning more double plays as well.
I bent my wookie...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: alexi casilla