Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Game Thread: Twins v Dodgers, 4/30 @ 7:10pm CT

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#1 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

not moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Game-time forecast: Mostly cloudy with a 60-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing out to center field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature near 45.

Dodgers:
SP, Greinke

Gordon 2B
Puig RF
Ramirez SS
Gonzalez 1B
Kemp CF
Ethier DH
Uribe 3B
Butera C
Crawford LF

Twins:
SP, Gibson

Dozier 2B
Mauer 1B
Plouffe 3B
Colabello RF
Kubel LF
Pinto DH
Suzuki C
Fuld CF
Escobar SS

-----------------------------------------

This space reserved for Brian's thoughts.
-------------------------------------------------------

Hostess: Reservation Riverbrian party of 1,478... your table is ready. Riverbrian your table is ready.

Riverbrian: Thank You... This way gang!!!

Hostess: A party this large may take a little time to get all the orders prepared

Riverbrian: Umm... Well we are going to go someplace else then.

Things to think about:

1. BASEBALL -- 3 days without baseball is too much for me to endure!!! I'm a baseball junkie and 3 days without baseball leaves me in a tough spot. It's an addiction that I have to my Twins. Just like a meth addict without meth for 3 days... There are serious complications that arise. I actually don't know anyone who is meth addicted but I've heard they rob pawn shops if it goes to long. Just like a coffee addict who shows up to work to find the coffee maker is broken. You snap at people who are telling you that you look nice today and fall asleep in the middle of a budget meeting and you wake up to find that they decided to cut your department's budget because there were no objections. I understand that rain is threatening the game tonight... I don't care... Play the game... I don't care if the players and fans get wet.

2. The Dodgers -- The Dodger nickname was born in Brooklyn circa 1932. It was a shortening of Trolley Dodger to describe Brooklynites who had to avoid getting running over by the Trolley to attend baseball games at a field that was surrounded by Trolley tracks. The Team eventually moved to Los Angelas after Brooklyn failed to satisfy owner Walter O' Malley's desire for a new modern stadium. It was a bold move since California was actually a part of Belize with a population of 79 people at the time of the move. LA got bigger as time went on and some would argue that it's a viable baseball market these days.

3. Big Money -- The Dodgers are loaded with big money talent and they have come to ply their trade in front of Minnesotans and it's dollar store mentality. Tonight we see an expensive pitcher by the name of Zach Greinke take the mound. An expensive SS in Hanley Ramirez and an expensive 1B in Adrian Gonzalez... Expensive CF in Matt Kemp... Expensive 3B in Juan Uribe... Puig cost some money along with an Expensive #9 hitter in Carl Crawford. In comparison... I am also rolling in money. I spent 8 dollars on lunch today.

4. Drew Butera -- Well Well Well... He's back. Despite all the money invested in the LA roster. There he is... hanging out with the big boys. It seems that LA is a little thin at the C position. With AJ Ellis on the D.L... The Mighty Dodgers are rolling with a guy named Federowicz hitting .109 and Butera hitting .190. I'm sure the folks at Dodger Daily are screaming at the front office wondering why they didn't sign Kurt Suzuki or AJ during the off season.

5. Rupert Holmes -- Escape (The Pina Colada Song) "If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain"

First off... I don't like Pino Coladas... Not at all. Not interested.

Second off... I don't like getting caught in the rain... I find that when I get caught in the rain... it makes me walk faster to get out of the rain. It makes my clothes wet and if I'm away from home... I have to sit in wet clothes until they dry naturally. Rain also cancels ball games... nope... not interested at all.

Third off... If I was ever in a situation like the situation described in the song... If I was bored with my wife and answered a personal ad and showed up to meet someone new and it turned out to be my wife who wrote the personal ad. I'll bet you any amount of money that my wife wouldn't see the humor of the situation and somehow her role in the whole fiasco would be glossed over and somehow it would be all my fault. All I could say to counter is "Dang It... When did you start liking Pina Coladas"?

Edited by Riverbrian, 30 April 2014 - 04:42 PM.

When life gives you lemons, suck on them and persevere.

#2 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

No Hicks or Florimon after such a long layoff...

#3 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

Colabella.......that's probably how you say it in Italiano. (:

#4 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

not moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,730 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

Huh? What are you talking about? ;)
When life gives you lemons, suck on them and persevere.

#5 CRArko

CRArko

Visiting Castle Anthrax

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationCamelot? 'Tis a silly place.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

Post-surgery.
Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!

#6 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Glad to see Escobar playing at shortstop. Florimon's production thus far is completely unacceptable. I would prefer to see Hicks playing center, as this is a singularly unathletic outfield, and Hicks needs playing time. But I understand that they may be trying to ride the hot bat. We'll see how long it lasts for Fuld.

#7 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

beautiful night for a baseball game... mid 40s and rain.... reminding me why it is I have no desire to move to Minnesota.

#8 CRArko

CRArko

Visiting Castle Anthrax

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationCamelot? 'Tis a silly place.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

beautiful night for a baseball game... mid 40s and rain.... reminding me why it is I have no desire to move to Minnesota.

I'm still waiting for Moosylvania to start issuing work visas.
Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!

#9 Dbohnk

Dbohnk

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

It will be interesting to see if Butera gets a single to get back at the Twins for trading him. :)

#10 Jerr

Jerr

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, back to a baseball game.....I hope:)

#11 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Had Dish guy on the roof today fixing it, as it went down in Dec. Good to be home and able to watch some baseball on tv.

#12 Joe A. Preusser

Joe A. Preusser

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Wonder if the extra time will help or hurt Gibby, or neithe. Intetesting that we're facing a former offensive black hole without our current 2 offensive black holes. Also interesting that we seem to own Greinke, yet he seems to own everybody else. Should be a fun game.

#13 Joe A. Preusser

Joe A. Preusser

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Oh, and BTW, if I were Carl Crawford and I came to the park to see Butera hitting in front of me I might read something unpleasant into it. Or might do something unpleasant to whomever wrote that lineup.

#14 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,740 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

Post-surgery.

You know I hate to be judgmental and all, but that would be one homely chick.

On a more positive note, if they play tonight in this weather, they'll be earning their salaries. Well, except for... no, must not say.

#15 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,009 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

So, playing tonight? On time? Wearing earlappers? How is the field? Is anyone there?

#16 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Oh, and BTW, if I were Carl Crawford and I came to the park to see Butera hitting in front of me I might read something unpleasant into it. Or might do something unpleasant to whomever wrote that lineup.

Crawford ends up being a second leadoff hitter after the first inning. Makes sense to me instead of Butera who is not likely to get on base. Much better chance to have a runner on when the top of the order comes up.

May all our prospects be All Stars and the beer be free.

#17 Jerr

Jerr

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

So, playing tonight? On time? Wearing earlappers? How is the field? Is anyone there?

They are playing tonight, on time probably, inside here, so no earlappers (?), cant see the field (radio here), I'm here, not there:).

Hope I was helpful. GO TWINS!!!!

#18 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

Had Dish guy on the roof today fixing it, as it went down in Dec. Good to be home and able to watch some baseball on tv.

Well I guess I won't be watching, as it's not on FSN, it's on FSN Plus.

#19 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,758 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Well I guess I won't be watching, as it's not on FSN, it's on FSN Plus.

Channel 450 on Dish, Halsey.

#20 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,236 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

This space reserved for Brian's thoughts.

Third off... If I was ever in a situation like the situation described in the song... If I was bored with my wife and answered a personal ad and showed up to meet someone new and it turned out to be my wife who wrote the personal ad. I'll bet you any amount of money that my wife wouldn't see the humor of the situation and somehow her role in the whole fiasco would be glossed over and somehow it would be all my fault. All I could say to counter is "Dang It... When did you start liking Pina Coladas"?

I am having dinner with my high school girlfriend tomorrow night. Fortunately, I have my wife's permission, but I suspect that this will somehow backfire.

#21 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

For those outside the blackout area, this is also the MLB.tv free game of the day:
http://mlb.mlb.com/m...liateId=mlbMENU

#22 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,009 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

A lot of postponements, meaning there will be a lot of baseball tomorrow (weather permitting). I hope the Twins can get this one in!

#23 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,758 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Drew Butera -- eye candy. (His highest and best use).

#24 longstrangetrip

longstrangetrip

• Members
  • 351 posts

With the snow in Minny yesterday, I'm confident Gibson wasn't able to get in his 18 holes of golf like he did before his last start...should result in a good outing.

#25 Jerr

Jerr

• Members
  • 276 posts

Good start!!!!!

#26 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,758 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

That Barbershop quartet commercial just isn't 3-2 count we love the slider.

#27 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

I just remembered my dad got a Kyle Gibson autographed item in his grab bag from Twins Fest. That was cool finding that!
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#28 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

I am having dinner with my high school girlfriend tomorrow night. Fortunately, I have my wife's permission, but I suspect that this will somehow backfire.

Oh, I don't know. What could possibly go wrong?

#29 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Channel 450 on Dish, Halsey.

thank you!

#30 longstrangetrip

longstrangetrip

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

95 degrees and sunny (although quite windy) at my baseball practice today here in LA. I predict these Dodger wimps are going to roll tonight over in real weather.