This space reserved for Brian's thoughts.
Hostess: Reservation Riverbrian party of 1,478... your table is ready. Riverbrian your table is ready.
Riverbrian: Thank You... This way gang!!!
Hostess: A party this large may take a little time to get all the orders prepared
Riverbrian: Umm... Well we are going to go someplace else then.
Things to think about:
1. BASEBALL -- 3 days without baseball is too much for me to endure!!! I'm a baseball junkie and 3 days without baseball leaves me in a tough spot. It's an addiction that I have to my Twins. Just like a meth addict without meth for 3 days... There are serious complications that arise. I actually don't know anyone who is meth addicted but I've heard they rob pawn shops if it goes to long. Just like a coffee addict who shows up to work to find the coffee maker is broken. You snap at people who are telling you that you look nice today and fall asleep in the middle of a budget meeting and you wake up to find that they decided to cut your department's budget because there were no objections. I understand that rain is threatening the game tonight... I don't care... Play the game... I don't care if the players and fans get wet.
2. The Dodgers -- The Dodger nickname was born in Brooklyn circa 1932. It was a shortening of Trolley Dodger to describe Brooklynites who had to avoid getting running over by the Trolley to attend baseball games at a field that was surrounded by Trolley tracks. The Team eventually moved to Los Angelas after Brooklyn failed to satisfy owner Walter O' Malley's desire for a new modern stadium. It was a bold move since California was actually a part of Belize with a population of 79 people at the time of the move. LA got bigger as time went on and some would argue that it's a viable baseball market these days.
3. Big Money -- The Dodgers are loaded with big money talent and they have come to ply their trade in front of Minnesotans and it's dollar store mentality. Tonight we see an expensive pitcher by the name of Zach Greinke take the mound. An expensive SS in Hanley Ramirez and an expensive 1B in Adrian Gonzalez... Expensive CF in Matt Kemp... Expensive 3B in Juan Uribe... Puig cost some money along with an Expensive #9 hitter in Carl Crawford. In comparison... I am also rolling in money. I spent 8 dollars on lunch today.
4. Drew Butera -- Well Well Well... He's back. Despite all the money invested in the LA roster. There he is... hanging out with the big boys. It seems that LA is a little thin at the C position. With AJ Ellis on the D.L... The Mighty Dodgers are rolling with a guy named Federowicz hitting .109 and Butera hitting .190. I'm sure the folks at Dodger Daily are screaming at the front office wondering why they didn't sign Kurt Suzuki or AJ during the off season.
5. Rupert Holmes -- Escape (The Pina Colada Song) "If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain"
First off... I don't like Pino Coladas... Not at all. Not interested.
Second off... I don't like getting caught in the rain... I find that when I get caught in the rain... it makes me walk faster to get out of the rain. It makes my clothes wet and if I'm away from home... I have to sit in wet clothes until they dry naturally. Rain also cancels ball games... nope... not interested at all.
Third off... If I was ever in a situation like the situation described in the song... If I was bored with my wife and answered a personal ad and showed up to meet someone new and it turned out to be my wife who wrote the personal ad. I'll bet you any amount of money that my wife wouldn't see the humor of the situation and somehow her role in the whole fiasco would be glossed over and somehow it would be all my fault. All I could say to counter is "Dang It... When did you start liking Pina Coladas"?
Edited by Riverbrian, 30 April 2014 - 04:42 PM.