Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/28): The Pitchin' Was Bit... Awesome!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...as-Bit-Awesome!

#2 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

In his third rehab game, Oswaldo Arcia went 0-for-2 with two strikeouts and a walk.

Is there any underlying significance to Arcia being pulled in all 3 rehab games right after his 3rd Plate Appearance? Are they just being extra careful not to re-injure the wrist? Or is it still not 100% pain-free and fully healed?

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

Is there any underlying significance to Arcia being pulled in all 3 rehab games right after his 3rd Plate Appearance? Are they just being extra careful not to re-injure the wrist? Or is it still not 100% pain-free and fully healed?

That's been the plan... Ease him back in.

#4 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

Truly an amazing night for prospect pitching. WOW!

#5 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

I've always looked at pitch counts but I've never asked this question. What is considered a good strike percentage?

#6 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Was an excellent day for the Twins organization, even with the Twins not playing. Several great pitching performances plus Buxton is back where he belongs on the field, even if it is just EST. Hopefully when he goes back to Fort Myers, he continues where he left off last year and gets promoted soon to AA.

#7 ericchri

ericchri

Generally Clueless

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Starting Buxton in Ft. Myers so he's close to the best training facilities? I thought I'd seen a statement from Rob Antony that he'd be heading to New Britain, though I could be mistaken.

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,795 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I've always looked at pitch counts but I've never asked this question. What is considered a good strike percentage?

If you're throwing twice as many strikes as balls, you're doing pretty well for yourself.

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

Even their most harsh critic for slow promotions.....me....thinks Buxton should be in FL and the warm weather for now.
Lighten up Francis....

#10 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Even their most harsh critic for slow promotions.....me....thinks Buxton should be in FL and the warm weather for now.

I might be worse, Mike, but in this case there's no doubt whatsoever..... Buck should take all the time he needs in the warm weather to get his physical health and his timing back to100%.

#11 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Starting Buxton in Ft. Myers so he's close to the best training facilities? I thought I'd seen a statement from Rob Antony that he'd be heading to New Britain, though I could be mistaken.

The way Buxton was playing prior to the injury, Ft Myers is the place to be. He wasn't doing much at all earlier, and this way is just a walk down the sidewalk to the Miracle. If he heats up there then consider moving him to NB. If all goes well that's still a good month away.

#12 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,483 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

I agree (yes, even with MWW, ha!) that Ft. Myers is the best place to get Buxton going again. Let him heal, regain confidence and form and such at a level he can have success at, and then push him up. I don't think he'd spend more than a week or two with the Miracle, but just ease him back.

And, Brock is right on the strike percentage. Generally a 2 to 1 ratio of strikes to balls is good.