Vikings Journal Forums
- Caplan: Vikings to sign Bethel-Thompson to practice squad
Yesterday, 07:35 PM
- Matt Kalil Ranked as WORST Tackle in the League by PFF!
Yesterday, 07:02 PM
- Gophers passing "attack"
Yesterday, 06:55 PM
- Breer: Kyle Rudolph Out For 6 Weeks
Yesterday, 03:38 PM
- Article: Munnerlyn Comes To The Defense Of Peterson
Yesterday, 02:56 PM
- Article: Vikings Hoping Injured Rudolph Won't Need Surgery
Yesterday, 02:12 PM
- Vikings Hoping Injured Rudolph Won't Need Surgery
- The Teddy Bridgewater Era Begins
- The Teddy Bridgewater Era Begins In The Big Easy
- Game Recap: Cassel Era Ends with a Wimper, But There Are Good Signs to Come
- Game Recap: Cassel Era Ends with a Whimper, But There Are Good Signs to Come
- The No Podcast Podcast, Episode #22: Ready For Teddy
Harper out until at least July with Surgery
7 replies to this topic
Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:07 PM
Yes. Until he stopped sliding head first (after I told him not to). I want him on the field and healthy.....this isn't about false hustle or other silly stuff, this is about keeping your best player on the field.
If done properly, a head first slide actually gets you to the base faster than a feet first slide. There's at least one catastrophic injury per year from sliding feet first as well. Sliding in any manner is more apt to cause injury than running without sliding, so why slide anyway?
Obviously being silly with the comp, but it's a slippery slope you're discussing here, especially when there is actually a positive effect of sliding head-first if it's done properly.
Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!