Brian's deep in it at the moment. In thought. That's the 'it' I meant. More from him later. Until then ... Go Twins!
Oh I'm in more than "it"... As for yesterday's forecast from Jordan... I care.
Things to think about:
1. The Detroit Tigers -- Our first look at the Tigers... They are not the same Tigers as last year in my opinion. No Fielder... No Fister... A supposedly talented rookie at 3B and a new speedy OF in Davis along with Ian Kinsler and Joe Nathan coming in to fill important rolls. Dombroski is trying to adjust his team after coming close the past two years. Will this be the year?
2. Miqgy -- Mr. Cabrera is perhaps the finest hitter in baseball. However... A lot of baseball experts will tell you that it's important to protect your big hitters by having a big hitter behind him. With Fielder in Texas... It remains to be seen if Martinez is scary enough behind him. Scary enough to force opposing pitchers to worry about walking him. Scary enough to give Cabrera something to swing at instead of keeping everything away from him. It depends on if you believe it that matters at all. I'm not sure I do... Hitters are gonna hit because Pitchers are gonna pitch.
3. Fuld/Hicks -- Sam Fuld has hit the ground running and is swinging a hot bat right now. So Fuld is in the lineup and Hicks is on the bench. I know this will concern those who feel that Hicks is part of our future and also feel that Fuld is not. I just think that April is too early to throw in the towel and you gotta try to win games right now. If Fuld is getting it done... Put him in the lineup and let him get it done.
4. One game behind the Tigers -- That's right... The Twins are one game behind the AL Central leading Tigers and they go head to head this weekend. I'm gonna sit down and watch the game and pretend it's September!!!
5. Don't Stop Believin' -- "Just a City Boy... Born and raised in South Detroit" There is no such place as "South Detroit" nor has there ever been. South of the city of Detroit is the Detroit River and South of that is Windsor Ontario. Journey is from San Francisco bay area... They should have put the Boy in Palo Alto and why are they taking midnight trains? An afternoon train would be just fine for going anywhere.
In the song... The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald... Gordon Lightfoot calls it "De-Troy-It". He must have needed an extra syllable. I've been to De-Troy-It once... I wanted to De-Stroy-It. It's a miserable place!!!
Edited by Riverbrian, 25 April 2014 - 06:23 PM.