Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Game Thread: Twins @ Rays, 4/22 @ 6:10pm CT

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#1 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Game-time forecast: Clear. Winds blowing in from the west 5-10 mph. Temperature around 73 degrees.

Twins:
SP, Gibson

Dozier 2B
Mauer 1B
Plouffe 3B
Colabello RF
Kubel LF
Pinto DH
Suzuki C
Hicks CF
Florimon SS

Rays:
SP, Price

Zobrist 2B
Jennings CF
Joyce DH
Longoria 3B
Loney 1B
Meyers RF
DeJesus LF
Escobar SS
Molina C

-----------------------------

Provided Brian isn't in a chocolate bunny leftovers coma, his thoughts will be coming shortly.
-------------------------------------------------------

Aww Thanks for worrying about me!!! I'm fine and you did provide thought number one. I had a thing on quantum physics but now Chocolate Bunnies have moved that thought out of my head.

I love your weather forecast ChiTown... It sounds like a nice day in Tampa Bay... 73 degrees is perfection... However... The wind blowing in from the west has to be a concern for the facility managers at Tropicana Field.

Things to think about:

1. The Easter Bunny -- I've actually seen the research... Researchers research almost everything and they probably get a government grant to research each thing. According to the research... 81 percent of all parents admit to stealing Easter Candy from the kids. I've tried to deny it but the Chocolate stain on my shirt and face made that impossible.

Also according to research... 89 percent... that's a large number... 89 percent of Americans eat the ears of the chocolate bunny first. I am part of the 11 percent that doesn't. It only makes sense to eat the feet first because you don't want it to run away.

2. Tampa Bay Rays -- You gotta be impressed by the Rays... Currently on the DL... Matt Moore, Alex Cobb and Jeremy Hellickson. You'd think that any team losing pitching like that would be struggling. Maybe they are struggling by Rays standards but they are 9-10 on the year and ready to take you on.

3. Tropicana Field -- Now that the Metrodome is no longer a curse upon the game of baseball... Tropicana Field has to be next. Just a standard run of the mill outdated dome... With stuff hanging from the ceiling that the ball can collide with. The building of this stadium began in late 1986... It was 1990 when it opened the doors. Architecture for such facilities wasn't where it is today. Architecture is something that gets better as time goes by. Look at the Brady Bunch... Mike Brady was an architect in the early 70's and they had 6 kids and two bedrooms. It's time for Tampa Bay to get a new modern stadium and some new fans to fill that thing.

4. Kyle Gibson... He's throwing today and that means he's bounded past Pelfrey for the 4th spot in the rotation. If he keeps doing what he has been doing... He'll bounce right past all of them. All the way to the point... that Kyle Gibson starts will be followed by open air. The Twins will simply forfeit the next game because nobody will want to follow Kids, Animals or Kyle Gibson.

5. The Big Bang Theory -- According to research... Only 21 percent of all Americans believe that the Earth was created by a Big Bang many billions of years ago. Only 33 percent of all Americans believe that Global Warming is an actual thing and finally... Zero percent of all Americans believe that the Vikings will ever win the Superbowl.

Edited by Riverbrian, 22 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

When life gives you lemons, suck on them and persevere.

#2 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

Odd that you'd get that much wind in the dome.

May all our prospects be All Stars and the beer be free.

#3 Danchat

Danchat

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

5. The Big Bang Theory -- According to research... Only 21 percent of all Americans believe that the Earth was created by a Big Bang many billions of years ago. Only 33 percent of all Americans believe that Global Warming is an actual thing and finally... Zero percent of all Americans believe that the Vikings will ever win the Superbowl.

Ha, that's pretty funny. Hopefully one day the Vikings winning will become more believable than the other two.

#4 CRArko

CRArko

Visiting Castle Anthrax

• Members
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationCamelot? 'Tis a silly place.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Given that the Sun is a third generation star, you'd be hard-pressed to find any astronomer that says the Earth was formed during the Big Bang.
Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!

#5 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 2,986 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Game-time forecast: Clear. Winds blowing in from the west 5-10 mph. Temperature around 73 degrees.

Are the catwalks out on this fine evening?

#6 LimestoneBaggy

LimestoneBaggy

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

5. False. The Viking win the Superbowl the day after I die. You're welcome Minnesota.
I will one day successfully sneak onto the Sportive Podcast, and have nothing intelligent to say or add to the conversation.

#7 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Odd that you'd get that much wind in the dome.

Lol ... I just put the forecast up ... forgot about the dome. Duh! We all have those moments, right? And I'm not even blonde!!! (At least not today.)

#8 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

I could say that that LOVELY forecast is a reminder that baseball should be played OUTDOORS! ;) (Yeah, that's it ... that's my excuse.)

#9 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

Heh ... now I'm just flat out laughing at myself ...

#10 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:40 PM

"The Big Bang Theory -- According to research... Only 21 percent of all Americans believe that the Earth was created by a Big Bang many billions of years ago....."

...Brian...Brian...Brian is this also where bunnies come from?

May all our prospects be All Stars and the beer be free.

#11 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Given that the Sun is a third generation star, you'd be hard-pressed to find any astronomer that says the Earth was formed during the Big Bang.

Third Generation Star? Kind of like Matthew and Gunnar Nelson!!!
A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

#12 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Casa Brady had only two bedrooms? Where did Mike and Carol sleep? And whither poor Alice?

#13 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

5. False. The Viking win the Superbowl the day after I die. You're welcome Minnesota.

I was gonna like this... But... I don't want you to die and I thought the like would seem confusing.

#14 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

Lol ... I just put the forecast up ... forgot about the dome. Duh! We all have those moments, right? And I'm not even blonde!!! (At least not today.)

No worries... I love it. You should put the WX conditions up for the rest of the series as well because:

A. It's charming
B. Information is always good... Even random weather forecast from Cities miles away.
C. It makes you unique... No one else will do it.

#15 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

"The Big Bang Theory -- According to research... Only 21 percent of all Americans believe that the Earth was created by a Big Bang many billions of years ago....."

...Brian...Brian...Brian is this also where bunnies come from?

Bunnies come from under my lilac bush in my backyard.

#16 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Casa Brady had only two bedrooms? Where did Mike and Carol sleep? And whither poor Alice?

Alice slept in a food pantry off the Kitchen. Sam was constantly getting bonked by falling cans of Green Giant. He developed a distaste for vegetables as a result and dedicated his life to butcherdom.

Mike and Carol selfishly had their own bedroom while they forced the kids to pile up and they took it a step further by monopolizing another spare room as an office so Mike could design more houses with two bedrooms housing 6 kids after normal work hours.

#17 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Alice slept in a food pantry off the Kitchen. Sam was constantly getting bonked by falling cans of Green Giant. He developed a distaste for vegetables as a result and dedicated his life to butcherdom.

Mike and Carol selfishly had their own bedroom while they forced the kids to pile up and they took it a step further by monopolizing another spare room as an office so Mike could design more houses with two bedrooms housing 6 kids after normal work hours.

How many kids did these two bedroom houses house during ​normal work hours?

#18 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

How many kids did these two bedroom houses house during ​normal work hours?

Well... If he worked at it. He was able to fit 27 kids in one room.

#19 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Don't forget the attic!

#20 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

No worries... I love it. You should put the WX conditions up for the rest of the series as well because:

A. It's charming
B. Information is always good... Even random weather forecast from Cities miles away.
C. It makes you unique... No one else will do it.

Well, the weather would be pertinent, dome or not, if a hurricane was heading Tampa's way.

#21 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

I wonder when we'll see Fuld in the lineup. And I think any time the opposing team plays an Escobar, we should play ours.

#22 zchrz

zchrz

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

Ump looks like he calls the low strike.
"Professionalism - When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S Thompson

#23 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

What the **** was that?????

#24 drock2190

drock2190

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Its a good thing we got this guy in the lineup for his defense

#25 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

And it was scored a hit.

A dome hit... A where's the ball in that roof hit.

#26 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Its a good thing we got this guy in the lineup for his defense

The Rays' announcers were just saying that about Florimon as that ball dropped in front of him. Did he lose it in the roof?

#27 LaBombo

LaBombo

• Members
  • 3,040 posts

Nice grab by Florimon on what could have been a very ugly hop off the turf. Then he follows it up with the lost in the roof thing. Sort of makes you appreciate how routinely the Twins infielders made that play look easy in the Dome.

And if Joyce gets a hit for that, official scoring will have permanently ceased to be the slightest bit relevant to me.

#28 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

I wonder when we'll see Fuld in the lineup. And I think any time the opposing team plays an Escobar, we should play ours.

Fuld is one of those minorities... The left handed minority.

Facing a left hander and a tough left hander is going to delay Gardy's first hand look at him.

But... I bet Gardy thought real hard about putting him in... Just to look at the new toy.

#29 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 9,467 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

The Rays' announcers were just saying that about Florimon as that ball dropped in front of him. Did he lose it in the roof?

It was that Wind!!!

#30 afurry91

afurry91

• Members
  • 67 posts

Thanks for that Pedro.