Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Hinojosa joins Kernels. Pineda to DL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Infielder Jonatan Hinojosa joined the Kernels on Monday. He replaces outfielder Jeremias Pineda, who fractured his left wrist/hamate diving for a ball in left field on Sunday.

The Kernels have been a bit snake-bitten with regard to injuries already. Pineda joins outfielder Zack Granite and catcher Michael Quesada on the Kernels' Disabled List.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:28 AM

I tweeted yesterday morning that Hinojosa is similar to Engelb Vielma. Very thin, very fast, very solid defensive middle infielder. Slap hitters.

#3 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Sorry Seth, I didn't see your Tweet. Must have either been while I was, you know, actually WORKING or while I was in car-dealer pergatory trying to make a deal on some wheels.

Hinojosa is LISTED at 5' 11" and 150. I haven't seen him yet, since CR is on the road, but yeah I'm guessing the yards across the street from Vets won't be getting many free baseballs off his bat.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~