Check back here for Brian's thoughts ... could be dangerous ... so beware!
They are dangerous... I already cut my finger typing them. So with Blood on the Tracks!!!
Things to Think About
1. .500 Ball -- Some of you people are so sick minded that if the Twins just kept returning to .500 ball like a tight rubber band was guiding it. Some of you sick minded people would be happy with that. Just imagine all year... The team will be 3 games back from .500 and then win 3 in a row... Get a game over .500 just to lose the next one. Get 5 games over .500 and lose the next 5 games. Thinking about that a little more... I'd be happy with that. Of course... I've never contended to be anything but sick minded.
2. Defense -- Stomp Stomp Defense... Stomp Stomp Defense... I didn't really get to see much of the game last night... I did see the play made by Brian Dozier in the highlights. Brian Dozier is becoming one of the finest fielding 2nd basemen in MLB. I don't know much about this Rosario looming on the horizon. I've read good things about him. He's gonna have to be real good to move Dozier.
3. Joe A. Preusser -- Joe claims to have series prognostication ability and he has prognosticated a Twins series win. I want to believe in this series prognostication ability because you have to believe in something in life. I need to believe that an Orangutan named "Eli the Ape" from the Salt Lake City Zoo can correctly predict Superbowl Winners. I like believing that Buffalo know to flee Wyoming because they can predict the super volcano. I want to believe that Joe has that same animal skill.
4. Sunday -- I imagine that I will think more about Sunday on Sunday but right now... We dropped last night's game and Sunday we face the 200 MPH hard throwing righty named Yordano Ventura. We may need to win today!!! I'm looking at Joe A. to bring this one home.
5. The Price of a Sandwich -- A couple of summers ago... I took my Family on Griswold style vacation in the car from North Dakota to Kansas City... Then to the Ozarks... Arlington... Austin... The Texas Hill Country... Lockhart... New Bruenfels... Galveston... New Orleans... Clarksdale Mississippi... and back home. We pulled into Kansas City early Saturday and did the Barbecue thing all day. We saw the Twins play the Royals on a Sunday. After the game we were just looking for a quick sandwich before hitting the road for our next stop in Southern Missouri. I had seen this place called "Grinders" on Diners Drive Ins and Dives and this became the chosen destination. We walked in... it was an old building and there were like 4 people in the place. My wife wanted to turn around and grab Subway instead after walking in the door. We stuck with the plan and ordered our food.
The sandwiches came to the table when I noticed a back door. I got up and went out the door to see what was out there. It led to this huge open area and a big stage. There was a band on the stage going through a sound check. I told the family to grab the food so we could eat at a table outside and watch. Doing the sound check was Ben Harper himself. Sitting in a chair with his lap slide guitar. Singing a song for a verse... stopping and saying... can you bring the highs up a little and then starting over. It lasted about as long as it took us to eat our sandwiches. The Sandwich was pretty good and it cost 8 bucks. The experience was worth a little more.
A few days later at Schlitterbahn's Waterpark in New Bruenfels Texas.
While attempting to boogie board on 50,000 gallons of rushing water... In front of maybe 300 kids and parents either waiting in line to try the boogie board themselves or sitting in the grandstand waiting and watching the action below. My Shorts were swept completely off my body and thrown to the back of the pool. As I stood up in all my glory... to surprising applause from the hundreds looking over me!!! I noticed a lady with a sandwich in the stands. I knew how she felt. I just had the unexpected bonus of seeing Ben Harper doing a sound check a few days of ago while enjoying a sandwich.
Edited by Riverbrian, 19 April 2014 - 11:06 AM.