Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Is it me, or does this team have some SWAG?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LC34

LC34

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Just seems the new faces on this team have seemed to put a little spark in this group. I am actually enjoying watching this team and even the losses have (for the most part) been entertaining. Something that last year was not the case. Many times last year being down 3-0 or similar was just time to turn off FSN and watch Archer or something else to cheer me up.

Now I actually sit and watch and feel there may be a chance for the comeback from the little fish still trying to evolve teeth. Plus I love Kubel's play so far as everyone laughed when I selected him for the final pick in my fantasy draft.

Keep it up all year and I'll take my over bet on 66.5 wins :)

#2 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

not a good guy in the clubhouse

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

It's you, it's the team, AND it's the swag :)

#3 LC34

LC34

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

Just doing my part I guess haha

#4 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Yoloswag

#5 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:33 PM

And the swag is coming without Oswaldo Arcia in the lineup. Here I thought he was the sole swag bearer on the team.

#6 Jaykay

Jaykay

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:40 PM

And the swag is coming without Oswaldo Arcia in the lineup. Here I thought he was the sole swag bearer on the team.

You kidding me?
Posted Image

#7 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Alcohol Infused

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

Swag master himself, Danny Valencia, started a game at 2nd base for the Royals this season; it was the swaggiest move ever. But yes, this team seems to have an "edge" or whatever you want to call it. To use a Gardy-ism, this team is hungry, they're "getting after it" and they look like they're having fun.

#8 twinscowboysbulls

twinscowboysbulls

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

What happened to Hicks trying to bunt for hits?

#9 twinscowboysbulls

twinscowboysbulls

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Oops wrong thread

#10 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

Kubel has some Swag. He was pretty confident despite his spring training. Colabello has to have some too for walking away from a million dollars to stay and compete for a spot on the team with no guarantees. I have been real impressed with Suzuki so far and he looks to be a huge bargain so far this season. now if only we can find some value in the rotation we could be on to something.

#11 pierre75275

pierre75275

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

It does...and I believe it starts with Kurt Suzuki and supplimented with guys like colabello and kubal and perkins and bruno

#12 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

I have a close friend in the organization who snuck in a recorder to the clubhouse during ST just before the season started. Here are some edited excerpts.

Dozier: Everyone doubted me last season. I'm gonna prove it to them.

Kubel: Everyone thinks I'm done at 31. I got a lot left.

Colabello: Well everyone doubted me for years in independent ball, then AA, then AAA, now I'm going to show them.

Plouffe: Im a former 1sr round pick who outgrew my position, had to learn another, and took some time to figure stuff out. Everyone is so impatient.

Suzuki: I can play. And I can hit. But I got sort of worn out and bounced around. Give me a chance to play and settle down and I promise I'll produce better.

Gardy and the whole coaching staff: Let's give 'em all a great big s**t burger to eat.

#13 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

not a good guy in the clubhouse

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Doc, I hope you are right. Last year on May 13 the twins record was 18-17 and we know how that turned out. I hope the guys in the clubhouse are being coached to carry this plate discipline through a full 162 game season and that when the hitting does start to lag that the starting pitching will be there to pull its weight.

#14 tmerrickkeller

tmerrickkeller

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

We were 18-17 last year? How did we win 18 games?