Melky Cabrera LF
Munenori Kawasaki 2B
Jose Bautista CF
Edwin Encarnacion 1B
Colby Rasmus DH
Brett Lawrie 3B
Moises Sierra RF
Josh Thole C
Ryan Goins SS
Brian Dozier 2B
Joe Mauer 1B
Trevor Plouffe 3B
Chris Colabello RF
Jason Kubel LF
Josmil Pinto DH
Kurt Suzuki C
Aaron Hicks CF
Pedro Florimon SS
The 2nd game's lineups will be posted in-thread as we continue into the next game. Yes, one big long thread for two games! Woohoo!
And tonight's lineups and tonight's game thread begin here:
Things to Think About:
1. Doubleheaders -- I like doubleheaders but not as much as I used to. When I was younger they used to actually schedule doubleheaders. Today... doubleheaders always mean that another game has been postponed due to weather or dynamite on the field leaving a hole on the playing surface. So while doubleheaders are fun. It does mean that I had no baseball at all a different day. Doubleheaders in that context are just a pile up.
2. Knuckleballs -- It's the only pitch that seemingly decides on it's own which direction it's going to go. The best knuckleballers throw a good percentage of strikes with them but it's not like they can paint corners with them. Painted corners are usually accidental. I've often wondered why we don't see more knuckleball pitchers. The pitch can be awfully effective in the hands of an expert. Of course... when it's not dancing... It can be crushed. RA Dickey was so effective that the Jays gave up a top notch catching and pitching prospect to the Mets to get him and his knuckleball. The Mets enjoyed a lot more success than the Blue Jays have and the Mets also had a lot more success than the Twins did. The knuckleball can come and go and I think that's because the ball is deciding on it's own.
3. Kyle Gibson -- The Stopper!!! Start number 3 after the first two starts produced wins. I think Kyle needs to lower that WHIP a little but the ERA is sparkling and that gives us hope for this year and hope for next year and beyond. At least I hope it does!!!
4. Eduardo Nunez -- Teams are allowed to add a 26th man for doubleheaders. I believe that's the rule because Eduardo Nunez (can we just call him Eddie) will be in uniform for the night game. I'd be shocked if Gardy didn't put him in the lineup. I think the only question is at what position? Nunez can play IF and OF and has been playing some OF with Rochester. The Nunez ERA has begun... It might be a stutter start but it has begun.
5. Postponements -- Yesterday was postponed... I'm sorry the field is not playable... The game will have to be postponed.
A 300 pound biker says to me... Let's step outside and let's see how tough you are. Mr. Biker... I'm sorry... I will have to postpone this beating... The Parking Lot is unplayable.
My 6 year old son asks me -- What are those Viagra things on TV... Mr. 6 Year old Son... I will have to postpone answering that question because the answer to that question at your age is unplayable.
The doctor says... Alright... Turn over and look at the wall... I have to examine that prostate gland. Mr. Doctor... I will have to postpone that... that entire area is unplayable right now.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 17 April 2014 - 02:59 PM.