Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/16): Diamond Disappointment

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...-Disappointment

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Maybe its time Diamond gets put on the DL, sent to FM and find himself a bit. He is better than he has shown. Gilmartin and Dean are two guys who wouldn't be stretched to be at AAA.

Kepler is showing life the past two games, good too see.

#3 Resoman

Resoman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

Seth,
At the end of your article, you list "Monday's Probable Starters"; do you actually mean Thursday's? I need to go to the ballpark if my "adoptee" Randy Rosario is pitching tonight!

#4 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

He shouldn't be taking starts from either Dean or Gilmartin, IMHO. Give him the BJ Hermsen treatment,

#5 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Yup. Time to cut bait or whatever.

#6 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Seth,
At the end of your article, you list "Monday's Probable Starters"; do you actually mean Thursday's? I need to go to the ballpark if my "adoptee" Randy Rosario is pitching tonight!

Can't speak for Seth's being calendarically challenged, but, yes, Rosario is the scheduled starting pitcher for CR tonight (Thursday).

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Seth,

Changed to Thursday. He pitches today.

#8 Resoman

Resoman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

Thanks, guys - I'll be there!

#9 Winston Smith

Winston Smith

Old Geezer

• Members
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationOceania

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

One good thing is they didn't rush to give him a Blackburn like extension after the 2012 season.

#10 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

One good thing is they didn't rush to give him a Blackburn like extension after the 2012 season.

That's true. Damning with faint praise, but true.

They did write him in as the 2013 opening day starter, though (until his surgery recovery pushed his debut back).

#11 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

He shouldn't be taking starts from either Dean or Gilmartin, IMHO. Give him the BJ Hermsen treatment,

Do I get banned if I make a joke involving the removal the word Hermsen from your quote?

#12 rickyhawaii

rickyhawaii

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Former Twin Blayne Weller was pitching for South Bend..

#13 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

First review of x-rays on Michael Quesada's hand/wrist today were negative; they're being sent to Minnesota for a look by the doctors there. Still sore, but they're hoping to avoid a trip to the DL.

Chad Christensen's arm soreness is better. Not in the lineup tonight (Thursday), but wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of him playing, if needed.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#14 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

"He shouldn't be taking starts from either Dean or Gilmartin, IMHO. Give him the BJ Hermsen treatment" Yes, Diamond was penciled in as the Opening Day starter in 2013 and lets not forget that he earned it. Statistically he was one of the best 30 starters in 2012 which in my book made him a #1 starter and also depending on the definition an Ace. If you say there are only about a dozen Aces then no, he was not one of them. Just don't forget that he was really good for a full season and it may have been the injury that derailed him. I am completely ok with giving him chances to earn his way back and I am completely ok with not bringing him back until he has earned it.