(Hmmm, this is starting to look mighty familiar.)
Things to Think About:
1. Jackknife Replication -- At a certain point... Numbers will replicate and repeat themselves. It's how a political exit poll sampling can lead to a winner being declared accurately and quickly with many votes to be cast and counted.
The Twins are around 1/15th of the way through the season. Using a sampling frame... It's clear the Brewers are the Best team in baseball and the Reds are the worst. The Twins are slightly below mid-pack and should finish with 76 wins and draft anywhere from 10 to 15 in the 2015 draft.
Margin of Error +|- 20 Wins/15 Draft Position
2. Brian Dozier -- 4 Home Runs... Tied for the AL lead in Dingers with Jose Bautista, Melky Cabrera and Jose Abreu. I don't think Dozier will be matching Stanton Blow for Blow all year but I think we can assume Dozier is a legit 20 homer power threat.
All day yesterday... I was thinking... It's time to stop thinking about Dozier as a little fast glove guy. He's a power source and mis-cast as a leadoff hitter. String beat me to the posting of the thought (great minds think alike) with the thread he posted yesterday. Dozier needs to go down in the order to an RBI spot. We need a legit leadoff guy cuz we are wasting Dozier at that position.
3. Leadoff Guy... With Plouffe, Colabello, Kubel, Dozier, Pinto and Suzuki performing. Wouldn't it be great to have a lead off guy. Someone who works the count and gets on base at a high percentage... Someone like... Mauer... Oops Sorry... No... Mauer is a perfect two hitter. Someone to hit in front of Mauer... We only have the SS position to play with... I'm making the call for Nunez so we can slot Dozier down in the order where all the action is.
4. Colabello -- The dude is doing it.
5. Dreams -- I had a strange dream last night... I was sitting at a picnic table in the middle of a field. There was a perfect round hole in the middle of the picnic table and bugs were crawling out of the hole one after another and crawling all over the picnic table... Thousands of them and more coming.
Robin Williams shows up dressed as Popeye and he covers the hole with his hands and this big dude... (I assume Bluto he didn't identify himself) starts spraying this stuff on the bugs. Popeye and Bluto start bumping into each other and a fight breaks out.
My question... Was I Olive Oyl?
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 13 April 2014 - 10:27 AM.