Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (4/12): Awesome Aussie

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...-Awesome-Aussie

#2 drock2190

drock2190

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

I know its early but Stewart isn't getting many strikeouts. The ground balls are great but should we be worried?

I can't wait for the next strikeout artist to pitch for the Twins. Liriano was one but he was widly inconsistent and before that was Santana. And all I see is other organizations getting strikeout pitchers like they are growing on trees.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

I know its early but Stewart isn't getting many strikeouts. The ground balls are great but should we be worried?

No, there is no need to be worried.

#4 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

Are Stewart and Meyer on inning/pitch count limits?

#5 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,238 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Nice report. Thanks, Seth.

#6 Waverley Wildcat

Waverley Wildcat

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

Aussie, Aussie ,Aussie

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

Are Stewart and Meyer on inning/pitch count limits?

All Twins minor league starters are going about 75-85 pitches at this point.

#8 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Daily MiLB recaps are my favorite part of TD, and it's not close.
Good stuff Seth.

BTW, your boxscore link for the FTM game is broken.

#9 twinsfan34

twinsfan34

Paul DeVos

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

I can't wait for the next strikeout artist to pitch for the Twins. Liriano was one but he was widly inconsistent and before that was Santana. And all I see is other organizations getting strikeout pitchers like they are growing on trees.

I watched an interview on the local news (Cedar Rapids) and Kohl said the coaches were having him only throw 2 pitches and to focus on just hammering the strike zone with those pitches.

I don't know for sure, of course, but that may have had to do with the strikeouts. As from the interview, it felt like they wanted him to focus on developing, location and effectiveness, of those pitches.

#10 twinsfan34

twinsfan34

Paul DeVos

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

I noticed Vielma came out of the game early last night...for Wade. Hoping it wasn't injury related.

#11 halfchest

halfchest

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

What do people think Beresford's chances of getting a shot at SS for the Twins? I see he barely played there last year. I'm thinking partially because he was playing with Santana at AA. I can't remember who was playing SS for Rochester second half last year that would have blocked him though. Prior to last year though he played 2/3 of his games there.

Either way, he's been hitting pretty well for the last year or so and has a .345 career OBP. I don't expect him to set the world on fire but if he's capable defensively, I'd like to see him at least get the proverbial "cup of coffee."

#12 twinsfan34

twinsfan34

Paul DeVos

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

Can't find the interview I mentioned...

But here's a little bit of another interview, where you hear some comments from Kohl...

Pitching in front of his mother and father, he showed a smooth, repeatable delivery, a fastball that topped out at 94 miles per hour and a solid changeup. His breaking ball was inconsistent.

“Exactly,” he said, when offered the theory his outing was a solid foundation from which to build this season. “I just want to keep pounding the zone. Hopefully I can get better and better.”

“For a young kid like that, he’s got pretty good command,” Mauer said. “He’s got a big arm. We’ve got to clean up some of the other things, some of the small things around it, but he was very impressive. His first start here was a good one, no doubt about it.”

[COLOR=#000000]
Read more: http://www.kcrg.com/...l#ixzz2ym18QFDJ

[/COLOR]

#13 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Daily MiLB recaps are my favorite part of TD, and it's not close.
Good stuff Seth.

BTW, your boxscore link for the FTM game is broken.

Thank you, and thank you!! I think I've fixed that link.

#14 tmils

tmils

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

I read this website daily appreciate the time you spend on these reports. Any news on Buxton? Have been looking and can't seem to find anything about his status. Thanks again

#15 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Aussie, Aussie ,Aussie

Is this where we say "Oi, oi, oi!"?

Are you from Melbourne?

#16 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

I read this website daily appreciate the time you spend on these reports. Any news on Buxton? Have been looking and can't seem to find anything about his status. Thanks again

http://twinsdaily.co...ton-out-til-May

#17 Waverley Wildcat

Waverley Wildcat

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

Yes I forgot the "oi, oi, oi" and I am from Melbourne and other than James Beresford's family I am probably his biggest fan on this side of the Pacific