Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Friday Night Minor League Lights

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...r-League-Lights

#2 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

I really appreciate these posts. Thanks much. I'm hoping to make a road trip to Beloit this summer. I hope I won't be too late to see Sano and Rosario. Actually, I hope I am. I would love to see them move rapidly to the big leagues.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Well, I'm planning trips to Beloit the first weekend in June (on the Territory Train) and then the last week of June too for up to four games. Really looking forward to going again, as I've made one trip there each of the past two seasons, and really enjoy it. Selfishly, I'm hoping they are there too! But even if they're not, it's worth the trip.

#4 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Well, I'm planning trips to Beloit the first weekend in June (on the Territory Train) and then the last week of June too for up to four games. Really looking forward to going again, as I've made one trip there each of the past two seasons, and really enjoy it. Selfishly, I'm hoping they are there too! But even if they're not, it's worth the trip.

I think Rosario and Sano will both be in Beloit the whole year, unless Eddie can reduce his errors. He has 6 this year while hitting .333. Rosario is also a year and a half older than Sano. I think Rosario will be moved up first if they do get moved up this year. Rosario shoots the gaps to drive in his RBI, while Sano is more of a True Power Hitter and is always swinging for the fenses.
Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#5 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Mastroianni should be promoted to the fourth outfield spot. I'd also advocate for a Diamond and Devries call-up.

#6 YourHouseIsMyHouse

YourHouseIsMyHouse

• Members
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

I think Rosario and Sano will both be in Beloit the whole year, unless Eddie can reduce his errors. He has 6 this year while hitting .333. Rosario is also a year and a half older than Sano. I think Rosario will be moved up first if they do get moved up this year.

I can only hope for them to finish the season in Ft. Myers. I hate how slowly the Twins advance their prospects (but still glad they don't rush them like the Nationals). Rosario isn't even being challenged and despite Sano's average at .273, his OPS is over 1.000. Even if it's a small sample size, at some point you have to realize that these two are talented enough to make the jump. It's not fluky if they have been doing it their entire careers in the minors. You can point out the stikeout rates, the fielding errors, etc. But those are issues that can be dealt with at the next level. Those are both issues that are going to become problems at the next level regardless of when they are promoted.

Edited by YourHouseIsMyHouse, 28 April 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#7 Twins Fan From Afar

Twins Fan From Afar

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Pretty exciting that Deolis Guerra was promoted to Rochester. His stats couldn't have been any better for the Rock Cats, so hopefully he can keep it up!
Andrew Walter
Twins Fan From Afar
Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
http://twinsfanfroma...gspot.com<br />Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

#8 Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Guerra was promoted to AAA. 3 shut out innings on Saturday in his 2012 AAA debut.

#9 Sanibelchuck

Sanibelchuck

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Actually the Saturday night game is: St. Lucie Mets @ Fort Myers Miracle. It is not Palm Beach here.

#10 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thank goodness Guerra was promoted. 1 more month, and he's in the majors.