Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report: Week 1 Notes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...rt-Week-1-Notes

#2 clutterheart

clutterheart

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

[COLOR=#3e3e3e]Polanco - 4 games at SS, 3 Errors[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3e3e3e]Santana - 2 games at SS 2 Errors[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3e3e3e]
Both guys have work to do.

Is Landa a Bullpen guy or do you think he can make it as a starter? I know his control has been an issue in the past.

[/COLOR]

Edited by clutterheart, 08 April 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#3 Larsbars08

Larsbars08

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:37 AM

Hopefully the errors are just early season jitters. Hopefully things calm down a bit for them and the game will start to slow down in the field.

#4 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

The Miracle look very good in their first few games. Harrison is doing a nice job in LF and I agree with Seth in the move for Polanco and Goodrum as being good for both of them. I expect they will both switch back by mid season as well.

My question becomes: What will happen to the outfield rotation when Lance Ray, Byron Buxton, Nate Roberts and J.D. Williams get off the DL in Fort Myers? Who is expected to come off the list first and what will be the trickle down affect throughout the organization? There are a lot of quality OF prospects in this system above High A level. Ortiz - Krisvnicka - Mitchell - Mastrioni - Etc.

Edited by lightfoot789, 08 April 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#5 rhal

rhal

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Seth, what is the current status of Rosario? Does anyone know what is gaining on with him and his personal issues?

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

[COLOR=#3e3e3e]Polanco - 4 games at SS, 3 Errors[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3e3e3e]Santana - 2 games at SS 2 Errors[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3e3e3e]
Both guys have work to do.

Is Landa a Bullpen guy or do you think he can make it as a starter? I know his control has been an issue in the past.

[/COLOR]

Mejia has 3 errors in 3 games for New Britain. Vielma has a few errors in Cedar Rapids...

I think Landa is a bullpen guy until he shows he can have a little more control. he's so young. That can happen, and it may happen during this season. Remember with a 6-man rotation in Cedar Rapids, the bullpen guys can get stretched out 2-4 innings as needed.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:12 AM

Seth, what is the current status of Rosario? Does anyone know what is gaining on with him and his personal issues?

He's currently suspended. He also has not yet reported to Ft. Myers. At this point, why he hasn't reported is personal. There's been too much speculation already, so I'm not going to guess.

#8 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Dan Turpin pitched 3 very strong innings this morning against a real good Orioles team. I don't believe he allowed a hit, and the good guys were up 2-0. Sano is back. It's pouring rain now so the Miracle game could be washed, as it's supposed to rain all day.