Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Article: That's the Ticket: The Home Opener

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 5,124 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...The-Home-Opener

#2 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

I'll be there. Brother-in-law bonding time.

I'll also be there on Thursday.

I'll also probably go on Wednesday because it'll be beautiful and I work from home.

See you all there!

#3 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Did I miss a discussion of the new trees yet? Seems like they are in a terrible place -- those were solid standing room spots to watch the game. At the very least, they will also largely obscure the view when one is walking through the concourse in that particular spot.

#4 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

You know, even though I am consciously withholding my money from them, to protest their awful product, I'd kind of like to be there today.....

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :) Also, I am NOT trying to convince anyone I am correct, I'm just talking here, not arguing.

#5 DJL44

DJL44

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

I'm looking forward to the Angels series in September. The weather should be great and I wanna see Trout and Buxton from cheap seats in CF.

#6 Oldgoat_MN

Oldgoat_MN

Dying the slow death of a true Twins fan

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Scratched out some tickets for today.
I seem to have managed that every since the Twins moved to Target Field. Went to the home opener in 2010 and I'm hooked.

Correia has an unusually strong record in April throughout his career.
That, and it's time the Twins hit Kazmir. We all think he's great when we see him, but hitters not named Twins are capable of slapping the ball around when he pitches.

Go Twins!

I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost 3 days already.

#7 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:32 AM

Did I miss a discussion of the new trees yet? Seems like they are in a terrible place -- those were solid standing room spots to watch the game. At the very least, they will also largely obscure the view when one is walking through the concourse in that particular spot.

The only possible explanation I can think of is they don't make any money when people stand back there. Because, yeah, that was a great little spot to stroll to and watch.

Not anymore.

#8 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

I'll be there.
Starting a tradition with my 6yo daughter.

#9 Fatt Crapps

Fatt Crapps

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

http://minneapolis.c...4403031076.html

Wish I could've got ahold of this guy.

#10 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Anybody know if they can scan the ticket barcode on your phone at Target Field, or do you have to physically print the ticket? All I could find online at the Twins site was stuff about buying the tickets on your phone (with frequent mentions of Blackberries, so I don't know how current that is).

UPDATE: If you are buying tickets from the official Twins site, you can use the MLB.com At The Ballpark App (iPhone/Android) to show your digital tickets at the gate (although the Twins ticket office said "your entire group would have to enter with you at the same time"). You can also use the iPhone Passbook app to store and display your ticket.

Otherwise, if you buy it from a reseller, I think you have to print it (or get the physical ticket, of course). (And given the prices on the secondary market, I suspect most folks are going this route!)

Edited by spycake, 08 April 2014 - 09:20 AM.