Okay, Brian. Tag! You're it!
Duck Duck Duck Duck Duck Duck... Goose (or gray/grey duck)!!!
(Hey watch where you are pinching... The Game isn't played like that... Top of the Head for Goose... Just like the Duck part)
Things to Think about:
1. Arcia -- I can see folks are already up in arms over Arcia on the Bench today. I'm not... He's wearing a snowmobile suit under his uniform and he's 2 for 18. It isn't Kubel that has Arcia on the bench today. It's Colabello... Colabello is swinging better right now. I think he should play right now. Arcia will not regress spending a cold day on the bench.
2. Kyle Gibson -- Kyle was much anticipated last year and we were a little underwhelmed. Let him start a new with brand new anticipation as we all hope that Gibson becomes a valuable member of this team going forward. Let it all begin today!!!
3. Colabello -- Already mentioned in Thought #1... But worthy of his own thought. I've always been intrigued by his power... It's obviously legit but I spent last year watching him and wondering how he could possibly be a consistent hitter against MLB pitching when he stood 15 feet from the plate. It forced him to step sideways into everything and that forced everything to RF. It left him vulnerable to the outside and compensation to reach the outside pitch left in vulnerable to the inside pitch. He's much closer to the plate now and my concerns about him are starting to fade. It's early yet but I feel optimistic about what he can deliver for us in 2014.
4. Brian Dozier -- He had a great game yesterday and I'm a Dozier believer but I still can't help but wonder if his style would be better suited in an RBI Spot down in the order. The Twins don't have a legit leadoff guy. Hicks will eventually lead off but not now... Let him find his major league feet. Until then Dozier is the default lead off guy.
5. Super Human Powers -- If you could have any super human power what would you choose? I'm going invisibility... The Rooms that I could walk into and conversations I could creep on. I could hang out in the oval office undetected... The Twins Front Office... The nuance and understanding of things would truly increase if I was truly curious. For a good time... I could make things seemingly float... staplers and stuff would seem weightless and move across the room and I could watch the faces of people trying to comprehend what is happening. Clothes would be optional for me... I could be naked 24/7 and no one would know. The biggest problem that I would encounter would be my chatty nature. My constant talking would certainly give myself away.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 05 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.