Check back later for Brian ... he's doing his thing:
Thing Done... Thanks ChiTown
Things to think about:
1. Cold Weather -- Let's be honest... The Baseball played by both teams on the South Side of Chicago wasn't what I call professional baseball. As fans when we watch it... it leaves us a little nervous about what lies ahead. Gardenhire pointed out that the weather was a factor and I think that is quite possible. I remember playing in weather when I was in High School. The bat stung... the wind did tricks with the baseball... It's hard to focus when you are constantly thinking that it's flipping cold out. I remember that from my high school days and that's probably why they looked like high schoolers at times.
2. Cleveland Indians -- Fresh Blood to play... A first look at the Division rivals from Cleveland... After having a nice run last year... The fans in Cleveland are gulping a little with the loss of Kazmir and Ubaldo from the rotation. Did Cleveland take a step back many seem to think so and the answer to that question will be cumulative as the season progresses.
3. Mike Pelfrey -- Last year he was coming off injury and it took a little while before he started pitching half way decent but he did start pitching half way decent. He has a new contract with the Twins so the Twins must assume that the 1st half was explained by his recovery from surgery. Today is start #1 for the big tall Pelfrey.
4. Carlos Santana -- Playing 3B... A few of us have thought about moving Joe Mauer to 3B. Many have argued that you can't move a guy to 3B from the C position just like that. The Indians are trying it out. I'll be very interested in watching the defensive play of Santana... Especially considering that the DH Lonnie Chisenhall is a 3B.
5. April 4 -- On this date in 1948... 84 Year old Connie Mack challenged 78 year old Clark Griffith to a foot race from home to 1st. It ended in a tie... With the baseball rule... A tie goes to the runner... The Umpires were completely confused.
On this date in 1964... The Beatles Can't buy me love hits #1 on the charts and stays there for 5 weeks. The Song simply states that Money can't buy me Love... People who married for money and even prostitutes across the world were completely confused by the message of the song.
On this date in 1968... Martin Luther King Jr was shot and killed in Memphis Tennessee. Many Many Many people were confused by why such a thing could happen to a man that important to mankind.
Edited by Riverbrian, 04 April 2014 - 10:21 AM.