Gametime weather forecast: cloudy, rainy, windy, 35 degrees. My umbrella blew out on me 3 times just walking 2 blocks to the bus stop this morning. Just sayin'. Rain is to abate around 3 ... we'll see if we have a delayed game or a postponed game.
De Aza LF
Things to Think About:
1. Blown Games -- Why the Twins don't have a win in the win column is tough to explain. It's easy to point to key moments and plays not being made but there are 9 innings of ball played(sometimes 10 11 or more innings) and a game is decided at any time. The goats were obvious yesterday. Perkins wasn't sharp... Plouffe couldn't make a basic play... Deduno was a little wild and Suzuki wasn't used to catching a Deduno. It comes down to making plays and the Twins didn't make plays. Today is a new day!!!
2. Aaron Hicks -- He looks confident right now... He looks like he knows what he's doing... If he was 0 fer right now... I'd say the same thing. He looks like he belongs. It's only two games but I think he could be a professional hitter.
3. Phil Hughes -- Today we get our first look at Phil Hughes in a regular season Twins uniform. Phil Hughes was always considered a top prospect until he hit the majors. His time in Yankee stadium was unrealized potential. Is that potential still there? If it is we got a steal with his contract. If not... He will end up... in the way. The answer to the question starts today.
4. Adam Dunn -- The White Sox spent some money on this guy. They also spent some money on Abreu. Gardy has been walking Abreu to get to Dunn. That kinda suggests that the Twins may feel that the White Sox overspent acquiring Dunn or it suggests that the Twins underspent in pursuit of Abreu. Is it respect for Abreu or lack of respect for Dunn... I think it's the latter.
5. April 3rd -- On this date in 1868... A Hawaiian surfs a 50 foot tidal wave... The largest wave ever surfed. The wave was created by a Chief Belly Flop.
On this date in 1966... Tom Seaver signed with the Mets for a $50K bonus. He bought a real nice refrigerator with the bonus money.
On this date in 1985... Vic Elliot pocketed 15,780 pool balls in 24 hours. Vic was pissed about it because the player he was playing against kept taking his made shots out and throwing them back on the table forcing Vic to make shots over and over again. His opponent eventually won using this method.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 03 April 2014 - 11:55 AM.