De Aza LF
Brian's gonna be doing a lot of thinking this year ... watch this space later.
Thank You ChiTown... I am going to do a lot of thinking. 75% of such thinking... I'm gonna keep to myself. Others really shouldn't be aware of really is going on inside my head.
Things to think about:
1. The White Sox -- My hatred for this team knows no bounds. My hatred for the White Sox is so strong that I've thought about them 6 times today and I haven't even thought about the Twins.
2. The Windy City -- Let's get something straight... I live in Eastern North Dakota. We don't have any trees or tall buildings and the wind blows constantly. When we hear the term Windy City applied to Chicago we think... "Yeah Sure... Whatever". Researching it more... you find out that the term "Windy City" for Chicago has nothing to do with wind. It's because of Chicago Politicians and the self promotion that comes out of Chicago. Cincinnati called Chicago the "Windy City" because Chicago started packing more meat than Cincinnati did and Chicago let everyone know that they were. Followed by the World's Fair being staged in Chicago and the promotion of the City to win the bid to host the World's Fair and the "Windy" nature of the politics that come out of the city.
So Let's be clear... Windy City has nothing to do with wind at all. The Politicians will be blowing in from Left Field today.
3. Pinto -- He's not in the lineup today... How could he possible play when Suzuki has 100 percent of the team's RBI's this year.
4. Hicks -- He's 2 for 3 and looking like a great candidate to be the 2014 version of Brian Dozier. I hope so and I'll feel a lot better about things if he is.
5. April 2nd -- On this date in 1863 there was a bread revolt in Richmond Virginia... The price of bread had risen to impossible to pay levels which caused riots across the south. Bread revolts returned in the 1970's across the nation after hearing the Song "If".
On this date in 1978 Dallas airs for the 1st time on CBS... The show with Larry Hagman in the lead role goes on to a long successful run despite not having Barbara Eden granting wishes or Bill Daily bungling things up and setting the space program back 30 years.
On this date in 1982 Argentina seized the Falkland Islands from Great Britain. It was all part of a master plan for Argentina to control the Sheep Farming economy world wide. If England wouldn't have stepped in and stopped them... Turkey and Greece were the next planned Argentina conquests.
Edited by Riverbrian, 02 April 2014 - 10:45 AM.