Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Chad Christensen - 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Manager Jake Mauer told media after Wednesday's game that he wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Christensen promotion soon. Had a lot of other complementary things to say, as well.

Jim Ecker's story with those quotes and more can be found at http://metrosportsre...d=184:about-msr

That would be great! He has had a good first half of the season. My only problem with it is I haven't been able to make it to a Kernels game yet!
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#22 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Christensen went 2-2 with 2 walks in game 1 of the Kernels doubleheader yesterday. One of the hits was his 7th homer of the year, and he added 3 RBI. He went 1-3 in game 2 and his average sits at .299.

He also earned Twins Daily Minor League Hitter of the Day, his second time winning the award this year.
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#23 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Chad Christensen had a pretty good month of June with that bat. As you can see from the Twins Daily Minor League Hitters of the Month, he finished June going 27-89 (.303/.373/.528 (.901) with 4 doubles, 2 triples four homers and 22 RBI.

#24 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

Chad Christensen continued his solid hitting year for the Kernels last night by going 3-5 with his 22nd double of the year. He is now hitting .281.