Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Who's your favorite Twin in 2014

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

For this year it has to be Chris Colabello for me.
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#22 Reider

Reider

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:52 AM

Hicks - This guy has all the tools to be a very good and exciting MLB player
Deduno - I enjoy watching him pitch
Florimon - I enjoy watching him play SS
Pinto - I hope he turns out to be a really good MLB hitter. I liked what I saw from him last year at the plate

But there's obviously a bunch of other players I like as well, Mauer, Perkins, I was a big Burton fan until he took a step backwards last year. Dozier is improved and is growing on me. I didn't mind Kubel when he was a Twin before. I enjoyed watching Willingham and Plouffe put balls into the seats a couple of years ago. I hope they both have rebound seasons.

I hope Buxton, Meyer and Sano turn out to be good ones for us.

#23 pierre75275

pierre75275

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

Colabello and Hicks but ask me again when Meyer makes The Show

#24 Guest_USAFChief_*

Guest_USAFChief_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

Stephen Drew.

//ducks//

#25 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

Colabello and Thielbar.

#26 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

Hicks.
"If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

#27 Thrylos

Thrylos

They Finally fired ’em. Play Ball!

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

Escobar

got to root for the little guys
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#28 Reider

Reider

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Stephen Drew.

What team is he playing for this year?

#29 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

I love the Collabello story but my favorite is probably Aaron Hicks mostly because I want to see if he can rebound from last year's adversity.

But ask again at the AS break because a new favorite may have emerged.

#30 Ncgo4

Ncgo4

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

Colabello. This guy is the epitome of someone waiting a long time to finally live their dream. He posted such crazy numbers that eventually the Twins finally couldn't ignore him any longer. Talk about pressure.

#31 iTwins

iTwins

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNorth of Missouri, South of Minnesota
  • Twitter: Trimbletj

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

Oswaldo Arcia. I like my players to have a little energy (life / passion) at the plate. Nothing drives me crazy like a player looking a strike three then just slowly walking back to the dugout with their head hanging. Arcia has that energy - yesterday during the 9th inning, Arcia looked furious at the plate. Almost a "I DARE you to throw it to me" look (While he softly grounded out to end the at bat, I still appreciate the effort).

It's the same reason I like watching Deduno pitch. The energy and the "just try to hit this" aggression are refreshing to see.

#32 Westgaard66

Westgaard66

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hicks and Arcia for me with a splash of Josmil Pinto.

I love watching the up & comers that have a zeal for the game.

with that being said, I just may actively root AGAINST the Jasons. I can't stand Kubel and Bartlett offers nothing exciting or useful to the team.

#33 Chief_Roberts

Chief_Roberts

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

Brian Dozier is probably my favorite Twin and I am also a big Duensing fan because he is a fellow University of Nebraska alumnus.

Also have always liked Kurt Suzuki for some reason (fantasy baseball sentimentality I think) so I was really excited when the Twins acquired him this off season.

#34 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Members
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hicks and Gibson!

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#35 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

A Pale Blue Dot

• Members
  • 6,386 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

All of them. It's still a team sport.

#36 ericchri

ericchri

Generally Clueless

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

CF has always been my favorite position (i.e. the "if I was a big leaguer I'd want to be a..."), so when we have someone there to get excited about, he's probably my guy. Puckett, Hunter, Span, I even tried to root for GoGo. Last year's venture into Clete Thomas territory was killing me.

So yeah, this year it's Hicks.

#37 Monkeypaws

Monkeypaws

• Members
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

I'm going with Perkins.

#38 longstrangetrip

longstrangetrip

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

It used to be easy for me. I never really had to think about it. When I was little my favorite player was Kirby Puckett. Puck retired after the 95 season and I got away from the game a bit while I was growing up. Radke was my favorite, but I wasn't close to the game. And as I got older, and came back to baseball as an adult, I fell in love again; Michael Cuddyer was my favorite Twin, year after year from 2004 until his departure following 2011. #5. And then he was gone.

In the years since Cuddy has been out of Minnesota, it's been hard for me to settle on a favorite player. in 2012 I was all excited about Brian Dozier and that silky smooth head of hair, but I soured on him a bit, even after he moved over to the right side of the infield and started showing some skills with his bat. I've never been a Joe Mauer guy, and as much as I like Glen Perkins, it's hard for me to get excited about and latch onto a relief pitcher. In 2013 I again put my faith in a young exciting player and Aaron Hicks didn't do much to keep my affections (I am, however, still a big Aaron Hicks fan, i expect big things from him in 2014).

This season I've settled on Mike Pelfrey. I can't explain it. I'm excited for Big Pelf. He's like a miniature sasquatch. I want him to do well. I like how quick he's been pitching this spring, and I just feel like I can compell him to do well in 2014.

Who's your favorite this season?

When I saw your thread title, one name immediately came to me, and I thought to myself no one would have him. But you picked my guy. Pelfrey is my favorite guy on the team...just seems to have a great personality. As a guy who has played ball his whole life (still playing at 63!), I still get a little nervous when I watch very tall and somewhat wild right handers on the mound, and I suspect a lot of hitters don't like to dig in against him. I think he is poised for a big year, now that he is recovered from TJ surgery.

I also love watching Deduno pitch.

#39 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 15,258 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:14 PM

Deduno and Dozier are mine. They play the game the way I like it played... With passion.

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

President of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club 

Founded 4-23-16 

#40 Devereaux

Devereaux

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Florimon!