Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Falcon vs. Bat

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries

Falcon vs. Bat

So I have to ask - did FSN get the Falcon vs Bat battle that was going on in the 7th inning tonight? I can guarantee you, the fans (and some players) could not have been more distracted by it.

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Didn't see it. What was it?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    I have seen the Falcon (kestrel) v the Moth.

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That doesn't sound like a fair fight. I had not heard of the kestrel being seen in quite some time.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't figure out what everyone in the outfield was going nuts about until I saw the Falcon.
    I bent my wookie...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like an Arena Football game

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 340 Times in 216 Posts
    They showed the return of the Falcon, but I can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday. I did tune out the game after about the 6th inning last night, but previous to that there was no Bruce Wayne sighting.

My friend was at the Monday game (the one where Valencia went yard to left-center) and confirmed that the Kestrel Falcon was back, and eating moths again! Has to be a video somewhere, right?

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    OK, so for those who missed it, the falcon dive bombed and grabbed a bat out of mid air in it's talons and flew across the outfield with him. But the bat managed to escape and started flapping furiously to get the hell out of the stadium. The falcon circled, dove again, hit the bat again, but couldn't grab it this time. The bat kept flapping like hell to get out of there. The falcon took a third try, hit but couldn't grab the bat again, and it finally escaped.

The crowd was watching this a lot more than the game. Even the Twins outfielders were having trouble paying attention. They kept looking up, trying to see what the crowd was watching. Eventually, there was a pitching change which stopped play for the last half of the battle. (And I think maybe the umps stopped play very briefly for the beginning of it.)

When the outfield started getting loud and restless I assumed the wave as starting. I looked up the second time and saw the falcon release the bat, and then wrap around dive bomb on it again. It was a pretty remarkable scene. The TF cameras caught it during the stoppage of play. I don't remember why the game stopped but I don't think it had anything to do with the air show.