Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Pedro Florimon

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,181 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    I suppose the legitimate, fact-based analysis is that the manager has implied he's the starting SS, and the manager's vote is the one that counts.
    If the question is what his capacity is to improve, another fact-based analysis is that his previous team exposed him to waivers.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 750 Times in 394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    If the question is what his capacity is to improve, another fact-based analysis is that his previous team exposed him to waivers.
    I wonder if he caught appendicitis from that. Weren't those experiments terminated in the 90's?

3. These 2 users like crarko's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (02-18-2014), johnnydakota (02-18-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,489 Times in 781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    I suppose the legitimate, fact-based analysis is that the manager has implied he's the starting SS, and the manager's vote is the one that counts.
    That same manager ran out Juan Castro for what seemed like an eternity. The front office should give that manager better players and remove his ability to choose between the lesser (or, as Gardy is fond of doing at times, greater) of two evils.

5. These 2 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

cmathewson (02-18-2014), Sconnie (02-18-2014)

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 750 Times in 394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    That same manager ran out Juan Castro for what seemed like an eternity. The front office should give that manager better players and remove his ability to choose between the lesser (or, as Gardy is fond of doing at times, greater) of two evils.
    They were already taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-kZXvb2ic

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Can I like this twice? I understand it's tough to develop or acquire shortstops. But it is tough to watch the team that routinely fields one of the worst shortstops in the league. And the manager hasn't helped. He was reportedly the one who expressed his disappointment in Hardy, leading to that horrible trade. Shades of the Bartlett/Castro fiasco; or his love for Punto as an everyday player (to whom we paid everyday shortstop wages after a half a good year at the position). And who can forget Brendan Harris, who literally tripped over his own feet trying to cover the hole?
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

8. These 2 users like cmathewson's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

johnnydakota (02-18-2014), jokin (02-19-2014)

Liked 386 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBauer View Post
    He may be done, he may be toast, but remember, only a rookie last year, and only 27 this year. With even a little overall improvement across the board statistically, not unreasonable for a second year player, combined with his defense, I'm very happy with him at SS and #9 in the order.
    I agree with you if Florimon is the only weak link offensively. I disagree if you have a glaring gap at center and catcher and have 3 number 9 hitters, also if you have terrible defense in the outfield in general. You need to make up the run differential somehow.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415