Thread: Article: Top '13 Stories: #10 Brian Dozier Breaks Through

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 348 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Top '13 Stories: #10 Brian Dozier Breaks Through

Senior Member Double-A troyhobbs's Avatar
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Dozier is a solid 2B but with guys like Rosario and Polanco in the system it's hard to say who is 2B of the future but it's always nice to have options.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    If Dozier can repeat last year (minus May) for the next half decade he is more than just a "solid" 2B. He would be one of the best in baseball.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 383 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He wasn't called back up to the majors in September, and the experience stung Dozier enough that he went right to work when the season ended. He played winter ball in Venezuela to get experience at second base, spent time with left fielder Josh Willingham at his ranch in Alabama and worked with Paul Molitor on second-base fundamentals at the University of Minnesota.
    Gotta love that attitude.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_2245973...-second-chance

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 511 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like Dozier a lot. He signed a baseball for me two straight years in Spring Training. He seems to have found a home at second and it makes Polanco and perhaps Rosario expendible. My worry is that the power just isn't going to be sustained. I do believe he'll get on more and will continue to be a fine fielding 2B. I think it might be wise to have a little bit older guy when all of the really young guys show up, so it might be very wise to keep Dozier and cashier one of the up and coming second sackers.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 73 Times in 50 Posts
    I'll admit to being a fan... late '13, there were few rays of light, and Dozier was one of them. His FP is right up there with the best in MLB at his position, and the Twins love the glove.

So do I, but I love a good bat, too.

He showed some power and turned in some good at-bats during the season. Twins simply do not have *anything* when it comes to clutch hitting (makes me crazy) but there were tantalizing flashes here and there. If he can hook up with Molly and put it together at the plate in '14, then he can write his own ticket.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 619 Times in 344 Posts
    I'm curious to see if we get "Power Dozier" or "OBP Dozier" next year. The power thing was so new it'll be interesting to see if it continues. At least, at rock bottom, we know we have a damn good fielder.

Dozier is the 2nd basemen of the future. He is there and producing. Rosario screwed us.
    I think our trade chips are pitchers now...and Rosario was a better trade chip.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 348 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    how did rosario screw us?

As little as the chance may be, Dozier can still be moved back to short. As well I would bet that Dozier continues to improve, if he can somehow hit .275 or better, the twins will be in pretty good shape weather he's playing short or second.

11. This user likes TheBigGuy7273's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

diehardtwinsfan (01-01-2014)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    how did rosario screw us?
    Maybe "screwed" is a strong word, but any time a developing player gets a major ban he costs himself and his org. a lot IMO. Not saying he's not allowed a mistake here and there, or that I can't look past it down the road, but it still stings quite a bit right now, no?