Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Kubel, Doumit and Designating a DH

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,512 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    there is no bad contract other than 1 that incents them to block a good young player (like, you know, Pelfrey....).
    I understand not being a fan of the Pelfrey contract but Pelfrey is blocking no one. There is still one rotation spot up for grabs and sooner rather than later, a second will open up from injury.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Kubel did seem pretty confident he will make the roster, but I wouldn't count on it unless there actually was some kind of secret handshake.

The deal he signed just gave the Twins 2 million reasons to send him to Rochester for the first couple weeks of the season.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,200 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Of that list the only one I want on the roster at this point is Pressly, who I think is perfectly fine as a 4th OF.
    Disagree. Pressly may have had experience in the outfield as a high schooler, but he has concentrated on pitching for too long by now.

Turner would be a nice get, I would also try to get DeRosa out of retirement to provide UTIL and a bench bat.
    We probably need another team to convince DeRosa to come back. Then we can trade Duensing for him.

4. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (01-09-2014), USAFChief (01-09-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12