Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parmelee Defense

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A fair point to make but they're definitely useless after only 90 games.

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Parmelee isn't the fastest guy in the field, but he isn't afraid to get dirty and seems to have a fairly strong and accurate arm. I was definitely impressed with his ability to throw guys out from right field in 2013. If he could hit the way we want him to, his arm, accuracy, and his willingness to get dirty would make up for his lack of speed. But unfortunately he's just not hitting good enough.

3. This user likes Reider's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Halsey Hall (12-18-2013)

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 534 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reider View Post
    Parmelee isn't the fastest guy in the field, but he isn't afraid to get dirty and seems to have a fairly strong and accurate arm. I was definitely impressed with his ability to throw guys out from right field in 2013. If he could hit the way we want him to, his arm, accuracy, and his willingness to get dirty would make up for his lack of speed. But unfortunately he's just not hitting good enough.
    I appreciated Parmelee's efforts in right field. One question/thought: If he comes in about 20 lbs. lighter, would he be better, both in the field and at the plate? I now that he'll never be a fast runner and body types are body types, but Parmelee looked pretty dumpy in his uni.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 288 Times in 150 Posts
    I thought Parmelee was a nice surprise- sure, Revere would have jogged to balls that Parmelee dove for, but CP was better than serviceable out there. The D is only good enough if he's a real hitter, of course.

Thanks for the clips, RB. I have three impressions after watching them all.
    1) Parmelee made some very nice catches.
    2) Twins pitchers sure did give up some rockets.
    3) I don't really care to know more about Bo Jackson and his energy requirements.

6. This user likes big dog's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Riverbrian (12-18-2013)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    For a big guy lumbering around in right, Parmelee does a pretty good job. Nice arm. But, it's not worth it with his bat. He just can't catch up with fastballs. Now, with Arcia, I'd take it, as his bat is major league plus. I'd never want Parmelee in the field with Arcia on the bench, period.

Liked 115 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    I appreciated Parmelee's efforts in right field. One question/thought: If he comes in about 20 lbs. lighter, would he be better, both in the field and at the plate? I now that he'll never be a fast runner and body types are body types, but Parmelee looked pretty dumpy in his uni.
    Parmelee will never be able to run like Mastroianni or Revere, but if he leans out (e.g. the way Morneau did) and trains properly, he might be slightly quicker. I can't see it improving his hitting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12