Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: What Are the Twins Doing... and Why?

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    I may be in the minority here, but I don't think billionaires are naÔve. I'm not saying the Pohlads didn't cordially mention they had a few extra million in the milk money, but free agency only happens once a year. Our favorite team had this planned for months.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tobi0040 View Post
    Let's not forget, the payroll picture appears as if it will be heading lower in the future as well. Next year you have Willingham ($7M), Correa ($5M), and Doumit ($3.5M) coming off the books. It is likely that you will have league minimums at 3B (Sano), CF (Buxton), C (Pinto), SP (Meyer), SP (Gibson), several bullpen guys, and potentially LF (Hicks) as a starting point.
    And Arcia, Florimon and Dozier still pre-arb, and possibly, Rosario instead, in either the IF or OF (if Arcia is moved to DH duty). The payroll for position players looks like what the Marlins are paying, less Joe Mauer.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 329 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I don't think billionaires are naÔve. I'm not saying the Pohlads didn't cordially mention they had a few extra million in the milk money, but free agency only happens once a year. Our favorite team had this planned for months.
    Was that hindsight or foresight?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12