Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Discover Channel's Naked and Afraid is it fake?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries

Discover Channel's Naked and Afraid is it fake?

After watching Discovery Channel's Naked and Afraid Survivor show last night as well as this past weekend there appears to be some help for the participants.

2 couples yesterday happened to find bamboo poles so they could make a raft to get to an extraction point. The poles were washed upon the shore. Some how they make a raft from these poles and take it to a shore across a dangerous bay after 21 days of hardly eating and drinking. The camera crew is filming them cross the bay where they have to climb up a hill and walk 2 miles to be extracted.

All of the reviews I've read about the show and little mention about any aid. The Dec. 8 show went 2 hours covering 2 couples over 21 days minus commercial breaks who happened to find each other after 10 days.

Comments?

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank View Post
    After watching Discovery Channel's Naked and Afraid Survivor show last night as well as this past weekend there appears to be some help for the participants.

2 couples yesterday happened to find bamboo poles so they could make a raft to get to an extraction point. The poles were washed upon the shore. Some how they make a raft from these poles and take it to a shore across a dangerous bay after 21 days of hardly eating and drinking. The camera crew is filming them cross the bay where they have to climb up a hill and walk 2 miles to be extracted.

All of the reviews I've read about the show and little mention about any aid. The Dec. 8 show went 2 hours covering 2 couples over 21 days minus commercial breaks who happened to find each other after 10 days.

Comments?
    I am watching this now -- your post inspired me to look for this show. The narrator said that they get no help except in life threatening situations.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The bamboo posts washing up onshore seem like they were put there to help them build a raft in the last show.