Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Rajai Davis and the Twins Outfield Depth

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    How about 4.5 to 5 mill per year, which is what he signed for in DET?

Thankfully the Twins passed on Davis at that cost.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Raj was the 2nd most valuable player on the basepaths. Thats a market inefficiancy the Twins like to capitalize on. ( go back and review my posts on how the twins like to construct their rosters) I think the Tigers jumped in on this to prevent the Twins from getting him. If the Twins improve too much they could become a threat to the Tigers...ok maybe not next year but soon.

Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also Raj was 1.8 WAR isn't the market value around 5million per WAR making Raj a 9 million per at WAR market evaluations?

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Raj was the 2nd most valuable player on the basepaths. Thats a market inefficiancy the Twins like to capitalize on..
    The only thing is that perceived "value on basepaths" is based on SBs and SBs are situation (hard to steel with 2 outs) and manager (some like to run more than others) dependent... SBs are like RBIs in my book. Hard to use to determine value.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

First, it's really, really sad when you're constantly cheering against your GM's rumored moves. Second, Bonnes, my friend, stop with the "money to burn" thing. All money matters. Just because there is money to spend doesn't mean it doesn't hurt you to spend it unwisely. There are future considerations with every dollar committed.

Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tigers got him...$5 per year, 2 years.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...rade+Rumors%29

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 167 Posts
    The key is platoon. You put Dirks and Davis together in a platoon and you have a decent outfielder. However, it makes no sense to sign platoon type players when the manager doesn't do that.

Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    BTW, I'd love to trade for Span, I believe his value is incredibly lower than last year.
    Shows who won that trade. Would you deal Meyer for Span now? A: No

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would have been good with 2 years, $5M... it's a little high 2 years, $10M... in my opinion.

TR driving the price up on the Big Cats. I like it.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 859 Times in 553 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    Today I learned that Jim Thome was a pitcher.

Also, look at the dates in the post you're quoting. What happened in 2008 isn't relevant to solidifying the 40-man for 2015.
    1) I missed the post where someone said, hinted or implied that Thome was a pitcher.

2 a) Past is Prologue. What happened in 2008 has relevant predictive value to how an organization operates in the future- it's indisputable that the Twins have a history of selling low/driving down value/giving talent away for nothing. Hopefully, the implications of these out of nowhere FA signings means that personnel value is being reassessed- and so these last 3 years of laughingstock status has shocked the stale Twins culture to its very core- for the better.

2 b) The Twins interest in Rajai Davis shows they learned from last year's fiasco assessment of the true value of their available OF talent- Good for TR to be proactive on that front, there are still other options available for acquisition.
    Last edited by jokin; 12-10-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123