Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

View Poll Results: Which player starts the most games in the outfield for the 2014 Twins?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Hicks

9 23.68%
  • Alex Presley

7 18.42%
  • Oswaldo Arcia

18 47.37%
  • Josh Willingham

3 7.89%
  • Chris Parmelee

1 2.63%
  • None of the Above

0 0%

Thread: Who starts the most games in OF

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who starts the most games in OF

To provoke conversation, I am going to start a few polls about the Twins. I also will post one poll about ex-Twins and I hope that is OK.

Number 1--Which player starts the most games for the Twins in the outfield? BTW, I believe the answer to this question for 2013 was the immortal Clete Thomas.
    Last edited by stringer bell; 12-09-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Only one player will start the year in Minny and actually be good. Arcia it is.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,241 Times in 494 Posts
    I voted for Presley. I see some combination of Willingham being hurt, Hicks spending some time in the minors, and DH duties for Hammer/Arcia leading to him starting most games.

Mod note, I renamed all of your poll threads.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    I voted for Presley. I see some combination of Willingham being hurt, Hicks spending some time in the minors, and DH duties for Hammer/Arcia leading to him starting most games.

Mod note, I renamed all of your poll threads.
    And on that somber note....

The Irony Meter/Reality Check is set at 11 for Stringer's string of polls.....more please, Mr. Bell!

Twitter
    @Trimbletj
    Liked 46 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I voted Hicks, mainly for a complete lack of other options. I think Hicks starts 2014 in AAA, but is back around June and starting everyday after that. I see Willingham and Arcia splitting time in LF and at DH, Parmelee may not even be on the team...

That just leaves Presley, but voting Presley as the guy with the most starts made me ill, so I picked Hicks.

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pessimist: Presley, because it means that Arcia is struggling, or the defacto DH after Willingham is unloaded after the All-Star break. Hicks is in AAA.

Realist: Arcia, He's in the lineup on a day-to-day basis because he's fielding his position and the Hammer is still DHing after the trade deadline because the Twins aren't selling him.

Optimist: Hicks, because he has conquered his 2013 demons and has become a mainstay in the outfield, and at the top of the batting order. Arcia is DHing by the end of the year because Buxton has taken over in center, Hicks is at one of the corners, and we are in a pennant race.

BTW: I voted for Presley.

7. This user likes Don't Feed the Greed Guy's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jokin (12-09-2013)

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Feed the Greed Guy View Post
    Pessimist: Presley, because it means that Arcia is struggling, or the defacto DH after Willingham is unloaded after the All-Star break. Hicks is in AAA.

Realist: Arcia, He's in the lineup on a day-to-day basis because he's fielding his position and the Hammer is still DHing after the trade deadline because the Twins aren't selling him.

Optimist: Hicks, because he has conquered his 2013 demons and has become a mainstay in the outfield, and at the top of the batting order. Arcia is DHing by the end of the year because Buxton has taken over in center, Hicks is at one of the corners, and we are in a pennant race.

LOL, I voted for the "King", as well.

From the "Pessimist" perspective, I note that the poll doesn't include the possibility of Doumit displacing the King? Given Doumit's (and Twins management's) apparent reluctance for him to continue a large role behind the plate, plus Gardy's Mancrush for Ryan, plus, the inability of Twins management to move veterans for value in midseason trades, I think a case can be made that {shudder} Doumit might sneak into that top spot when Presley's AAAA-ness reaches Clete Thomas proportions as the season unfolds.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Feed the Greed Guy View Post

A vote for Presley means that this year's (better) Clete has carried the day. I have predicted that Arcia will get sent to the minors again and come back a star and I think he sticks in the OF. I am nearly certain that Hicks starts the season in Rochester and either Hammer will DH a lot, be injured a lot, or play for somebody else a lot. The absurdist would predict the much-maligned Doumit will start the most games in the OF, but I can't go that far. I am going with the realist option, despite believing Oswaldo will be sentenced to Rochester for something between two weeks and a month.