Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Twins Daily Meltdown Tickets Sold Out!

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: TwinsDaily Meltdown

Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You can't see me, but I actually looked like Hrbie after reading this post.

I need the hrbek beer glass

Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, I wish I could go to this...

Senior Member Triple-A Paul Pleiss's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 20 Posts
    Blog Entries
    To quote Lady MacBeth "But screw your courage to the sticking-place, and we'll not fail"

This, of course, is nothing but a misplaced quote from my favorite of Shakespeare's many works, but it may, on some level, indicate my level of excitement for this event. Like MacBeth and his lady "I am in blood. Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more,. Returning were as tedious as go o'er" or rather, I am comitted. I am in. I am there and I am excited.

I'll be the handsome man with rugged and yet classic good looks who has had one, two or three too many beers.

Bonnes -

First Annual is actually the second occurrence. You cannot have an annual, until you've had an original. So, unless you're calling last year the original, this one cannot be the annual.

Selfish question: Will there be an opportunity for those who (hypothetically, of course) live in Connecticut and cannot make this awesome function, but still want to feel involved and/or drink, to purchase the pint glass?

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Fan From Afar View Post
    Selfish question: Will there be an opportunity for those who (hypothetically, of course) live in Connecticut and cannot make this awesome function, but still want to feel involved and/or drink, to purchase the pint glass?
    If not and if the demand warrants to the point whereby a person could make a tidy profit, I bet an after-market supply could form of slightly used glasses.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

9. This user likes Jim Crikket's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (12-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    If not and if the demand warrants to the point whereby a person could make a tidy profit, I bet an after-market supply could form of slightly used glasses.
    "For Sale: Gently used TwinsDaily pint glass. I got angry and threw it against a wall, but my arm is pretty weak. Smells faintly of light beer and my tears."
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

11. This user likes Twins Fan From Afar's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (12-09-2013)

How and where, exactly, will tickets go on sale? I didn't see any link or equivalent in the post. Thanks!

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 786 Times in 428 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlambrecht View Post
    How and where, exactly, will tickets go on sale? I didn't see any link or equivalent in the post. Thanks!
    It's a secret link. You have to know the password to see it.

or

Friday, 8am.

The eagle has landed. The eagle has landed.

Thanks, Brock. I assume from this I should just check the main page at 8:00 on Friday morning.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 786 Times in 428 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yep, just check in Friday morning and we'll have tickets for sale. It should be plastered all over the site.

Wow, and it's even on my birthday! (Unfortunately that means I already have plans...but wow, that would have been a great gig)

Hmmmmm...heard about this on the #hangoutandtalktwins. Will def. look into this!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pretty impressive the following Twins Daily has received since it's existence 1 1/2 years ago. I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks to the four (John, Seth, Nick, and Parker) for this great web site. We disagree on a lot of things (probably not Mike Pelfrey right John) but this web site was set up for Twins Fans. I would most likely pay a monthly fee to read the articles written here. I quit blogging because anytime I want to voice my opinion it can be done here. I do miss the podcasts but they Seth & John even have that covered with their own shows. Well Done!!

Liked 360 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TPM View Post
    Hmmmmm...heard about this on the #hangoutandtalktwins. Will def. look into this!
    Thanks for your first post. Hope to hear more from you -- maybe a little about your interest in the Twins in the "Rookies & Lurkers" thread?

And I, too, want to thank everyone responsible for TD for their vision and their hard work in making it a reality that has to be much, much more than anyone could have wished for.

Now if the Twins could only do a little winning, maybe TD could go to yet another level.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think all TD members who created an account before 2-20-12, should get in for free. Just sayin...

I've got a golden ticket! 4, to be exact. See you there!

Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Liked 809 Times in 500 Posts
    Man, wish I could go! Hope all who is there have a great time ... and hope someone chronicles the event well with photos and a write up!
    "Peace, love, dope! Now get the hell out!"
    Resistance is Sisyphusian!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast